Friedland Libra+ 48249SL wireless doorbell - request :

This sort of doorbell in very popular and i would like to have support for it at protocol level on flipper.

I would like to be able to create virtual remotes with random keys to add them to the doorbells and also capture already installed codes so that i can ring the bell with flipper.

So far i was not able to make this work with read raw as the captures signal doesn’t make the bell ring (it only worked once) but i figured out the problem … flipper is set to far on the frequency. I’ve read another post and did set raw to capture on 868000000 and 868250000 by editing settings_user and now flipper can capture on those so tomorrow i will try to see if now the captured raw signal does make the bell ring.

To help you guys implememnt the protocol

https://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/Friedland_Libra%2B_48249SL_wireless_doorbell

I/Q Raw Recording with software defined radio

Friedland868-16bitPCM_IQ.zip (1.2 MB)

I will post flipper dumps tomorrow if they end up working with the new capturing settings.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Just tested with some of those doorbells and f868250000 with FM476 modulation do allow to capture the correct signal (playing back does the doorbell ring). I will post some dumps later today. At any rate to capture signals that work with flipper on those doorbells it’s necessary to change settings_user to a proper frequency range but i can confirm that once this is done it does work !

Here are the files inside the zip.

DoorBell.zip (143.4 KB)

A, B and C are one press of 3 different doorbell sender commands with flipper configured to raw at 868.25 . AX10 are 10 presses of the dorbell sender on doorbell A, all captured with my flipper. code of A and AX10 is the same.

If protocol is decoded and added to flipper it should be possible to configure an arbritary/random code and emulate a sender device adding that code to the doorbell reciever and also should be possibily to try to figure out if some universal code do exist that will trigger all doorbells of this exact model, like a nuniversal code, etc …

Thanks.

Also what software is used/can be used to analyze the signal files generated by flipper raw read ? Is there any way to convert the flipper files to format that can be oppebned/analyzed with popular SDR software ?

Best regards.

WOW ! I did find this :

It explains how this protocol does work and the meaning of the bytes on the code.

It would be great if flipper could emulate a Libra+ transmitter and send not only the ID but also have the capability to capture/send the battery low “flag” and the SECRET KNOCK “flag”.

If flipper do save the entire decoded The Data Frame on the SD card then one can edit with hex editor what bites they want to change.

Example i can capture a doorbell push/signal and edit for send the “Secret Knock” on that same doorbell.

This looks very cool.

I’m uploading here some more samples. One press of several different doorbell pushers.

Please do let us know if you guys do manage to make any progress implementing this protocol on flipper.

Regards

DoorBell.zip (62.5 KB)

I’m slowly sorting out requests to add protocols. I will come to your

1 Like

Cool, thanks !
Let me know if you need more raw captures.
Regards.

so far only without parsing the parcel, tomorrow I’ll do it … if there is time, please check

1 Like

Thanks !!! I will check !!!

lib/subghz/protocols/honeywell_wdb.c:277:13: error: 'subghz_protocol_honeywell_wdb_check_remote_controller' defined but not used [-Werror=unused-function]
  277 | static void subghz_protocol_honeywell_wdb_check_remote_controller(SubGhzBlockGeneric* instance) {
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	CC	lib/subghz/protocols/linear.c
	CC	lib/subghz/protocols/marantec.c
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
scons: *** [build/f7-firmware-D/subghz/protocols/honeywell_wdb.o] Error 1
********** ERRORS **********
Failed building build/f7-firmware-D/subghz/protocols/honeywell_wdb.o: Error 1

Can’t compile with ./fbt for testing :frowning:

update the repository i added parsing and fixed the bug

1 Like

Thanks for this, apreciated.

so does it work or not? @Spildit

I don’t have the doorbells with me here at the moment. I will try it out later today and i will post here when i do. Thanks once again.

Ok, working for me.

Thanks for your time to implement this.

:grin:

if you knew how much pain you could save by having the device on hand. but I’m glad everything worked out

1 Like

Ok, i did update to the latest firmware and i did check my saved .sub files in CLI and i can extract the doorbell keys in CLI but there is no add manualy entry on flipper menu to add doorbell keys by hand. Could this be implemented as well ?

Ok, i did some extra testing today with my doorbells and the protocol implementation on flipper is great !!! Thanks for the nice work once again !!!

I’m sharing this, i did figure out that if i chage the bell push ID to 0000 i can create an “universal” signal that will ring ALL bells on range with a standard sound.

Filetype: Flipper SubGhz Key File
Version: 1
Frequency: 868250000
Preset: FuriHalSubGhzPreset2FSKDev476Async
Protocol: Honeywell
Bit: 48
Key: 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 01

00.sub (166 Bytes)

1 Like

Also from my testings;

Key: 00 00 0E DB 70 20 00 02 - Low battery - Makes the bell ring and then send 2 short sounds indicating low push button battery.

Key: 00 00 0E DB 70 10 00 01 - Set ID as PIR/Motion Sensor. On my tests it doesn’t require to re-programm that on the bell, it makes the bell ring with a different sound that is NOT available for selection when you programm it for a new push button.

Tested the Secret Knock but my push buttons don’t support it, i can’t press them 3 times very fast because it starts sending the standard command to the bell/flipper at the first push, mines don’t set the SK flag (the buttons) and setting them as key on flipper file doesn’t make the bell ring at all as my models are not compatible with SK - Key: 00 00 0E DB 70 20 00 11

This is very cool !!! I’m very happy with this, and it’s also cool that ALL of my bells do react to ID 00000 ! Maybe it’s used at factory to test the bells ? I tryed with FFFFF but didn’t work. I will try some more combinations tomorrow like the universal 00000 with the Motion Sensor and low battery flag.

At any rate it would be cool to have an “add manualy” option like on the other protocols to add the key on the flipper without using a text editor on the files.

Regards and thanks once again.

1 Like

This works as well for me !!! Makes ALL my doorbells/chimes in range of the flipper to RING with the “special” PIR sound …

Here in Portugal / Lisbon the majority of those Libra+ are working at 868.25 Mhz but i did find some at 868.35 so one would need take that in account, the “universal” files “bypass” the need of a ID to ring that bell but one still needs to be on the correct frequency !!!

1 Like