Frequency analyzer not working

@SkorP I installed the latest dev firmware.

Analyzer works with audi key and shows 315 mhz, which is correct. However, it is still does not work with any of my garage keys. And here in the USA the 310 Mhz frequency is very popular for garages and gates.

As I see the “read” feature, you’ve excluded 310 Mhz from the list of frequencies you test. I manully added it to the config files (analyzer and reader). If I manually use Read Raw mode it sees transmission, but analyzer shows only 00000. Also keep in mind, that for example the transmitter I use is LIFTMASTER model 893LM. It uses 310, 315 and 390 frequencies and quickly switches between them. 0.44.1 version was able to see it, but the latest dev version (8A81B79E) shows only 00000, the hop/read mode also can’t detect anything.

It was cool that 0.44.1 was able even to detect the walkie talkie frequency, but it is not in the list of frequencies you officially support. So you probably optimized the algorithm, but lost some important logic.

@buletman Go to settings → about and scroll right till you see HW version info. You will see something like 12.F7 bla bla bla. So you HW version is F7, at least, such assumption worked for me. From the download site you need to download .dfu that has “full” in it’s name.

Well, immediately write that it does not display the frequency of 310 MHz. and in general let’s do something like voted which frequencies are most often used

@SkorP probably it’s annoying, sorry, but I modified my message based on my latest research, didn’t know you will respond so quickly. So I added 310 to the list of frequencyes through the config file you recommended. Please read my personal messages or re-read the message above, it is still not wokring, however Read Raw is able ti see signal on 310 MHz after I added the freq.

I beg you to quickly check on the Chamberlen remote

you will need to manually update the files on SD , ​​assets/resources/subghz/assets/setting_frequency_analyzer_user, assets/resources/subghz/assets/setting_user

I was running into the same issue, still am kinda. I could get a fob to show up on my analyzer every once and awhile, one fob only showed the unlock signal, and it lagged pretty bad, I had to keep hitting the button. But, I rolled back to .441 and it seems to work flawlessly, and its super responsive. IDK what to say, but, there is obviously a difference. I have faith it will get ironed out.

SkorP this pull request fixed my issue with the “LIFTMASTER model 893LM transmitter”. It seems that the delay increase helped with remotes that quickly change their frequency.

@thor_ak @sn0w this firmware is not officially merged yet. I compiled it and attached to the message. Please use it at your own risk, I just compiled the code branch from SkorP and the pull request is still in the draft version. I recommend to wait at least till the pull request is merged to dev, but if you’re eager to test the fix you can either compile it yourself or download the attached dfu.

flipper-z-f7-full-local-b961a2a9.zip (490.8 KB)

Thank you for this. I was able to do the update, but now since running 441, ONLY on sub-ghz does it tell me No SD-Card or database is missing - but it is not, according to flipper. When I redo the current release, I do not get the missing databases error when I load the sub-ghz “app”. I have tried wiping all settings, reloading release firmware, then 441 again…everytime, only sub-ghz, does it give me that same error. I will try the DFU you posted below.

Tried the DFU you posted, not geing the database missing error, but frequency analyzer not working still. Tried a few different devices. The really weird part is how on very first boot, after initial firmware upgrade, I did get a signal ONCE from my ford transit keyfob - after that, I’ve yet to see it work. This is a headscratcher.

@buletman at least @SkorP changes fixed my issue. There also could be a possibility that your keyfobs are using a frequency that are not in the list of analyzed frequencies. The way how “hop” mode or the “frequency analyzer” work is that they don’t scan “ranges”, but they quickly loop through a list of pre-defined frequencies. If you keyfobs are using frequencies that are not in the list, they will be completely ignored by flipper.

Here you can see list of frequencies for the US and Canada, for example: applications/subghz/subghz_setting.c file at flipperfirmware github repo.

You can try to locate model / fcc codes on your transmitters and google what frequency do they use. If they use a frequency that is supported by flipper try to choose it in Read RAW mode and then press buttons for few seconds.

!!!¡¡!!!

So my keyfob is 315mhz, and I have a bunch of transmitters in the 345mhz frequency. I see that 345 isn’t an option, so that makes sense - but the analyzer still not working. And stranger is that I can’t seem to figure out why the database says it is missing when qflipper says they are installed. I guess I’ll keep waiting for an official release that fixes. Thank you!

So under “raw” reading, I’m able to read the 315mhz car keyfob, and after I added 345mhz as an option, I can raw read some 5800 series wireless products from honeywell (Honeywell / Ademco / 2GIG - 5834 / 2GIG-KEY1-345 - #6 by buletman), but frequency analyzer is definitely DOA.

It would be nice for the frequency analyzer scan list to be a configuration file we can edit in a text editor to add or remove from the list based on our individual use cases rather than having to modify source and recompile. Something like how the subghz read config frequency list works.

That would allow us to swap config files on the fly based on the needs of what we are doing

1 Like

@RFTech in latest firmwares it’s already implemented like this, if you plug in your flipper through USB port and open the SD card file structure, you will find there 2 config files:

1. SD Card/subghz/assets/setting_user
  2. SD Card/subghz/assets/setting_frequency_analyzer_user

But you’re will be able to add frequencies within supported ranges only.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Should have seen this before posting.

Hey folks. something Ive noticed is that the RSSI is very low on the flipper, like it hardly even pings at all even with the key fob right up close. Ive tried it with 2 different keys - one on 315mhz one on 433.92, both are library frequencies and both the same problem. It can identify on freq ident only up close, and read raw, also close, but not do a proper read for some reason. Both the keys can activate cars out on the street so it isnt the transmitter going flat.

A question for you all - what colour are your flippers? The reason I ask is that black plastic sometimes uses carbon as a colouring agent, and if this is the case here, it may be absorbing a lot of the signal and giving poor reads. So who is having this problem with a black unit, and who has white?

a bit of follow up… My car remote is a rolling code type. So you can catch a code and replay it once, as long as the car didnt receive this code or any valid codes after that. Sending the recorded code seems to work ok over a fair distance but still the receiver RSSI is poor. Possibly the gain in the receiver set up too low?

Nother idea too… if you can catch the code and transmit interference at the same time…

That’s not the problem here, the low RSSI is intentional to filter out all the noise. Both the white and the black flippers work the same, as it is the way we want them to act in this situation.

Hmm, what is the noise you are trying to filter? Internally generated or other external RF generally? Is there a way to adjust the gain to a different level? It would be interesting to see how it performs at higher gain

External RF noise. You can look at the code of the frequency analyzer and edit it to your liking.