Frequency analyzer not working

@Astra I agree that it won’t be fast enough to catch quick burst transmissions that are just “floating in the air”, or that one might be trying to sniff at random.

But in other cases, like the remote I have, you can just hold down the button and the signal keeps sending. In cases like what I’m trying (where it’s a generic remote with no codes printed on it) and I can keep the button depressed. A somewhat slow scan should still pick up the frequency eventually.

In the case of @zerozen original question where he knows the frequencies. Changing the Read RAW to be more configurable (allowing fine grain tuning of possible frequencies in say 1MHz or 5MHz increments) would provide a better way to capture the specific signals.

this approach was chosen for the frequency analyzer is not a good life. understand cc1101 is first of all just a receiver and not an SDR, it cannot scan and capture a signal in a wide range, but only receive it at a set frequency. at the same time, the switching speed from frequency to a new one with all calibrations and RSSI reading takes at least 3ms + to accurately determine the carrier, it switches to a narrow channel of the receiving filter and scans the found frequency again to determine the exact one. this is about 50 frequency scans. i.e. 150ms. car key fobs and all kinds of weather stations, switches, etc. do not transmit a signal for a long time, but only 4-8 parcels. 1 Keelog packet lasts about 80ms + - that is, 4 about 320-500ms. and if you scan the entire allowed range in 1 MHz steps (5 you will definitely miss the signal), you simply will not get to the moment when there is a transmission. and again there will be talk that the analyzer does not work. now you just need to add to the list all the frequencies that are used by various systems and everyone will be happy.

1 Like

@SkorP that all makes sense!

That’s why I’m suggesting a more configurable Read RAW with 1MHz tuning across all the possible CC1101 frequencies will serve most peoples needs. :wink:

3 Likes

Just got my Flipper today. Updated firmware. Frequency analyzer won’t pick up a signal of any kind. Tried all kinds of remotes. Rebooted flipper… still nothing.

I’m running into the same issue. I am testing with a known working Linear Megacode transmitter (Model MCT-3 318Mhz). I tried at various distances, touching the Flipper and pulling it progressively back. At one point the screen flashed 317Mhz then disappeared. Additionally, doing a Read with it set to 318Mhz and following the settings described in the Megacode discussion linked from the recent newsletter have not yielded any successfully detected codes. Performing a Raw Read it is getting something when I press the buttons.

Hi! Did you update the firmware? Are you holding the remote button pressed for long enough?

Adding my experience here. Using a Liftmaster 971lm remote, which the manufacturer states is 390 MHz. Nothing detected using frequency analyzer at any distance (even when right next to the flipper). Read also doesn’t show anything, but raw read does show a signal. Rebooted twice. Using the latest firmware right now.

Can you show what the RAW signal graph looks like?

redesigned frequency analyzer. the remote control must also be held close to the flipper on the left side, the remote control button should be held if the transmission is constant, or press for a second several times

Yes, firmware latest firmware is installed, and I confirmed that the megacode feature was part of that release via GH Releases. The remote button was held for minimum 5 seconds, pushing 10 seconds for each test. It takes around 1 second of pressing for the remote to operate the garage so I figured that should be plenty.

Edit:

@SkorP I am experiencing the same problem. Frequency analyzer does not work completely.

However, I want to add some details, maybe they will help.

When I just got the flipper, with factory firmware - the frequency analyzer worked! It even has shown me unsupported frequencies. I started transmission from FRS walkie talkie and it has shown me Mhz.

Also when I turned on hop mode for Read feature and keep it running for some time it captured 2 signals, probably from neighbors.

However, after I updated to the latest 0.58.1 version, everything is broken right now. Read feature in hope mode captures nothing, and I have few remotes from garage doors. Same with frequency analyzer. It can’t catch anything.

I also googled one of the garage remote’s and it uses 310 mhz frequency, but I can’t even choose it from the available list. I don’t know what changes you guys are making, but original factory firmware at least was showing something.

Unfortunately I didn’t write down the original firmware version, I have a black flipper, received it recently in USA region and I think it was 0.48.1 version on board… But I am not sure… I can also try to rollback the firmware back… I looked at the list of firmwares, I think mine was from the end of 2021, but then it is 0.44.1… If you know what firmware was used on factory for F7 HW version for black flipper from the recent USA batch… I can try to rollback.

@SkorP any thoughts, ideas?

@SkorP I decided to try 0.44.1 (but really not sure what “factory’ version was installed originally”). And Frequency Analyzer works again! Even for officially unsupported frequencies. It shows the walkie talkie and garage button again. So for some how in future versions the feature became broken.

The factory version was 0.43

Thank you, @Astra . I didn’t review the history of changes between versions, but obviously with 0.44.1 and 0.43.1 the frequency analyzer worked. I am not sure, maybe you drastically reduced frequency ranges to be complaint with some regulations or introduced a bug… If it’s a compliance regulation, I would still expect the frequency analyzer to be as in older versions, but show some error message if you try to transmit on those frequencies.

Another try on 0.44.1 and frequency analyzer works:

And it was showing just zeros for any device on the latest firmware.

Can you try the latest dev build? The frequency analyzer has been updated

Just tried it myself. Frequency analyzer still doing nothing.

what frequency are you scanning? check if this frequency is in SD/SubGhz/asset/frequency_analyzer_user.sub

Have the exact same issue! Rolling back to 0.44.1 makes the frequency analyzer work and updating to 0.58.1 breaks it. Using the device I’m referencing in this post.

So this is strange - upon first attempt, I got a signal, after that, I am unable to get anything on the current release. How does one flash an older firmware? I see the firmare files here: Flipper Zero Firmware Update

But which file do I download, as when in qFlipper I see the option to flash from file, but WHICH file do I download, as there are a ton of files in there - I see qFlipper is looking for a .dfu file - but which .dfu - I see “f6” and “f7” DFU files, bootloader vs firmware vs all, etc. Help!

show the video what you do and how you do it, and what you analyze. what is the frequency of the transmitter