Family error with all iButtons

Hi all, just wondering if there is any way to surpass the “Family Error” manually. All the iButtons I tried to read seems to have a different family code (not 01). Even tough I inputted manually the showed code, the Flipper is not able to emulate it, nor coping to a new button.

Can you please take a photo of the iButton itself? The round part should have some text, it will help a lot

Hi Astra, thank you for replying. Here is a pic of both the iButton I tried, but neither have any code on the them. Don’t think they give much info. Any ideas on how I can fetch the code and emulate?

Oh, OK those look like the most generic iButtons possible, that doesn’t help :frowning:

Looking at the family code, those probably work differently from the DS1990 that flipper can emulate (the ones with the correct family code), so I’ll message our iButton dev and see what we can do

Thank you @Astra

1 Like

Can you please try to add your key manually: Main Menu → iButton → Add manually → Dallas

Hi @zhovner , thank you for replying. I tried to input the code showed by flipper when reporting the error ( 81FB8C29105003F6, as show in the first pic I posted), but when trying to emulate it, it does not work, as when trying to coping the code on an iButton it doesn’t do it. Should I inputted the code differently, order wise I mean?

I’ve saw the same but only on stuff that are not keys, like for example buttons used by security guards on devices to check if they were on a checkpoint at a certain time, there are also for example things that do look like ibuttons when in fact they are not, there are sensors, i even saw for example the DMG lift/elevator backup key that holds a backup of all keys on a system on a simple/single look allike Ibutton.

Flipper can only dump some bytes because it expect a specific format.

Maybe it would be cool to have a DEBUG option that would send a read command and dump ALL the retrieved data on the button to a file that way one could examine that later.

Most likley your ibuttos do have way more bytes than the ones showing by flipper to start with so they will not emulate as you are missing data on your keys.

Hey, I have a few iButtons i would like to read.
The problem is the data ON the key not just the serial.

Is there anything planned?

My green ones have the imprint:

iButton.com
DS1996L+F
LB6

and my red ones:

iButton.com
DS1963S+F5
LA6

Read here :

1 Like