Stealing flipper data

Can anyone steal /alter flipper walkig past you.
There was some weird dude standing near me walking ealier and wondering of the safety of this.

If they get hold of your flipper … yes … if he can pair his phone to your flipper … yes … if he can plug your flipper by usb to his computer … yes … but otherwise … i don’t think so … maybe he was just trying to read your credit/bank card so don’t worry.

1 Like

Ok cool. But he couldnt pair his phone like that quick in 10 seconds or something could he?
How is the procedure?
thanks

Never mind i saw a vid.Are you sure he couldnt have done it though?

Why do so much people see videos about something, refer to it, but don’t link it?
Would be easier to understand, if the source of the information is known.

Just take your Flipper, go to Settings, choose Bluetooth. Is it Off? Great, you are safe.
Is it on? Take your phone, open Bluetooth, pair the phone with your flipper … Repeat this as often as you need to answer the question ‘is it possible in 10 sec?’.

And you’d like to know if your data are safe … maybe you shod install the App from the store of your phone.
When I start the App, it will take roundabout a Minute, just to sync, so I can see any files on the device.
Sure, it cod be optimized with a little Linux Shell and some RPC based scripts … But what should they match?
Copy a few files, for benchmark. You know the filenames, the attacker don’t.

A pass by attack is not very likely. The former mentioned physical access is also somewhat slow. Not for a quick dump.
Maybe others here think different.

2 Likes

For the 99% of us that don’t have nation states or rabid stalkers after our personal data I wouldn’t be worried. Keep your Bluetooth off in public and don’t leave your Flipper lying around unattended. If your name is Joseph R. Biden I would not keep the keys to the White house on my Flipper though.

Which video?