Reading Card for Access, Time Stamp and Canteen

Hi there!

I want to clone my RFID Card which is used for accessing floors, time clock (time stamp) and canteen (used to pay). I was able to read the frequency for floor access, and the emulation works very well. But I was not able to clone the other two use-cases of my card. I dont know which kind of card it is. Maybe a RAW read will help?

How do you read ‘the frequency for floor access’?

You have any Card, we don’t know anything about, just it is a card and us used for different tasks.

A card got a UID and some kind of storage in form from blocks. But ‘the frequency’ will be always the same. 125kHz LF or 13,5MHz HF. Maybe 134kHz if it is an animal tag.

For most cards, if they are readable by the flipper, t is easy to read the UID. If this is what is needed for access, okay.
But than you could me to the blocks. They can be protected by a password. So you need to make sure to have the password in the directory, to read all blocks.

You know the password, right? I mean this is your RFID terminal for access and payment.
If you don’t know the password, you should stop here. You should have stopped before entering the building with a cloned key. This is illegal, and when it comes to payment, the owner could get some kind of angry. The ‘not very cheap’ way of angry. Or the ‘go to jail’ angry without Monopoly.

How do you read ‘the frequency for floor access’?

I use the RFID function in my Flipper Zero

You have any Card, we don’t know anything about, just it is a card and us used for different tasks

Flipper Zero says its a EM411[EM-Micro] card - RF/64

A card got a UID and some kind of storage in form from blocks. But ‘the frequency’ will be always the same.
125kHz LF or 13,5MHz HF. Maybe 134kHz if it is an animal tag.

Good to know!

For most cards, if they are readable by the flipper, t is easy to read the UID. If this is what is needed for access, okay.
But than you could me to the blocks. They can be protected by a password. So you need to make sure to have the password in the directory, to read all blocks.

I dont see a UID. Just a Hex-String with 10 characters. FC with 3 digits and Card with 5 digits. RF/64
How can I see if its “password protected?”

You know the password, right? I mean this is your RFID terminal for access and payment.
If you don’t know the password, you should stop here. You should have stopped before entering the building with a cloned key. This is illegal, and when it comes to payment, the owner could get some kind of angry. The ‘not very cheap’ way of angry. Or the ‘go to jail’ angry without Monopoly.

I dont know the password - to be honest - its my employee card. I can access all floors with my card (like everyone, the access restriction is just to prevent thieves). And there will be no problem, since the security know what I want to test.

So, its always the same frequency. The cards are used for the time clock, floor access, printer access and payment in the canteen. I was only able to emulate my card for floor access, the other things didn’t work. What did I wrong?

Did you mean EM4100?
Make sure it’s not dual-stack - shine it through with a good light and verify there is one antenna (“loop”) and one chip (“square”).

Oh yes! I meant EM4100.
There is one big circle in the middle and a little chip (square) at the left top.

I draw it here: rfidcard hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

The picture is a bit unclear, but it might be dual-frequency. Try to read it again with NFC and Picopass.

The picture is a bit unclear, but it might be dual-frequency. Try to read it again with NFC and Picopass.

Did not work. Its only readable by RFID App.
The card has a big circle in the middle and a “line” on the edges connecting to the chip.

Maybe Flippers Emulation of my card was not read by the time-stamp-machine because it has to be really close … maybe flipper’s case is too thick.

It’s not a complete test, but try running RFID detector app on readers that don’t get the emulation.

• If the problem is distance between Flipper and reader, you should see nothing.
  • If the problem is some exotic data, you will see 125kHz.
  • If the problem is dual-banding, you should see either 13.56MHz or nothing.