Lift Master (Security+ 2)

@shamusmcfly hmm this is interesting! Thanks for replying, I will investigate if this is a button issue as well on my end… if there is a way to change what is being “learned” on the garage receiver that would probably resolve it.

I am under the impression that the button being pressed on the remote isn’t the issue, you can assign whatever button on your remote to open the garage. So maybe liftmaster has a way to cycle through what function you are pairing to a button… I should have dug up the manual in the first place, but I will report back if I find anything of use to this issue

Hello! I have the same problem. Using the “Add Manually” options my Garage Door Opener would flash as if it learned the remote, and the LED would flash when I pressed send, but the door wouldn’t open. To solve this I used “Read” on an unused button on one of my remotes and then used that signal when pairing it to my garage door and that worked. Effectively I cloned an unused button on my normal garage door remote.

1 Like

Thanks for the response Arthur! I did the exact same thing before you responded! (2 door garage but a 3 button remote) I guess great minds think alike! While I’m happy to have a working signal from the flipper, I’m still unsatisfied that I couldn’t add it manually myself :joy: