Honeywell / Ademco / 2GIG - 5834 / 2GIG-KEY1-345

Hey there, Is it possible to add compatibility for Ademco / Honeywell / 2GIG wireless Alarm systems. They run at 345 MHz and are ASK fixed frequency modulation with static code.

Example FCCID for Ademco remotes is : CFS8DL5824
Example FCCID for 2GIG is : WDQ-KEY1345

make a proper request

Not really sure what else to do. Thought I had done it properly the first time. added some photos. No worries if I’ve got the process wrong. Appreciate you having taken a look.

I still need at least the recordings of the transmission of these remotes, of course I guess from the photographs, but for spells I still need the tears of the virgins, the tear of the dragon, and the poison of the toads. read the pinned post above in the section and give as much information as possible

Appreciate it. In the device configuration, 345 MHz doesn’t appear in the frequency selection settings so I am unsure how I can capture it?

I unfortionately do not have immediate access to an SDR to capture the transmissions to attach to the message so without frequency support at 345 mhz on the flipper I will be unable to provide any captures.

The FCCID docs has the protocol specification and timings of the ASK transmissions.

Cheers and thanks for supporting this product.

Not sure if this is “real” but it seems to work - I used an older 4 button keyfob from honeywell (5800 series) and I went in and changed two files - “setting_user” and “setting_frequency_analyzer_user” under the sub-ghz assets folder in the SD card, and added the line:

Frequency: 345000000

After:

Frequency: 318000000

Before:

Frequency: 390000000

When I read RAW, it seems to pick it up. I’ll try playing back and see if it actually triggers something when I’m back at home where I have some window/door transmitters.

I am not sure if this is a “quick fix” or not. But again, does seem to at least pick up the signal after I select the new option of 345mhz.

where are the records?

I tried to transmit my recordings, but was told it was not allowed in my region. Not sure this thing is very useful for me as an alarm tech at this point. Anyway to “hack” our little friend to ignore regions? This is for educational purposes, of course.

I can still supply a recording if you’d like it. It does appear to read it after I manually added the frequency.

1 Like

Here is an “open” and “closed” signal for a 345mhz transmitter.
Sink.sub (7.0 KB)

1 Like

Ideally these wouldn’t be region locked at this frequency since fcc is type approving products for use at this frequency. It isn’t a regulatory issue.

Hopefully the dev’s have some feedback here.

Cheers and thanks for your help on this

1 Like

Deleted

The FCC has approved those products for those frequencies, but they haven’t approved us to use these frequencies. We cannot use them not because they’re just banned in general, but because we’re specifically not allowed to.

1 Like

Please be aware that discussing ways to circumvent regional regulations is not allowed on this forum.

1 Like

Sorry deleted post

@Astra With apologies, I’m back with another question the serves only to improve my own knowledge. What is special about this frequency range that Flipper is not approved to operate there? Was operation in this range denied? Or strategically not part of the application? In either case, why?

To be clear, I did a bit of “homework” here (about an hour’s worth), reviewing Flippers’s FCC grant in the SubGHz range, as well as the general operating rules and reserved / prohibited bands nearby—but nothing really stands out as an explanation. I’m sure there is a good reason—the team has shown nothing if not impressive pragmatism in bringing this device to market—and I curious to better understand it.

Thanks!

1 Like