Help Using ESP32 TTGO T-Display Flashed with Marauder

Hey,

I recently got my flipper zero and wanted to setup an esp32 with marauder to use with it. I already had an esp32 TTGO T-Display so I flashed that with marauder and everything works well when I send commands to it through the arduino IDE serial monitor. But I can’t figure out how to connect it to the flipper and have the flipper control it. I am using pins 25 and 26 on the esp32 and connecting those to TX and RX on the flipper but nothing seems to happen. I have also connected the esp32 to the dap link but when I view the output all I get is just a string of squares. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

1 Like

The first thing I’ll always have to ask because it happens so often is:

• Did you check the TX and RX are correct?

People mess that up on the regular because they forget TX goes to RX and RX goes to TX.

Yes, I have tried both and I only get squares as an output in one direction. After a bit of research I have realized that I need to compile custom firmware for the esp32 because by default the serial pins are not broken out to any IO. I am also having a problem with that tho so I will see what I can do.

1 Like

Glad you made some progress!

Im not good at this programming nor getting anything to work BUT HEY, I got the same board! It would be AWESOME If you get this to work! Or get it to work on an esp32 touchdown board!!

1 Like

I actually did manage to get this working, but it is a real pain to compile the custom firmware and is definitely not for beginners so maybe I will post a precompiled firmware image here when I get the chance.

BTW I have not gotten the screen on the TTGO to work yet. Right now it only works when connected to the flipper but I might try implementing the screen sometime soon as it would be pretty awesome as a stand alone marauder because of the built in battery management system.

3 Likes

I am Very interested!

would you have time to assist me on this? or maybe help point me in the right direction. WHen i flash this it seems to take over the flipper SD

You don’t flash marauder on the Flipper. I’m not sure how it would take over the SD card. perhaps you should elaborate.