Future revisions of Flipper Zero

Hello Flippers, :dolphin:
Are there any plans on future hardware revisions of Flipper Zero, or perhaps another model (beside already planned Flipper One)? I expect Flipper One to be much more capable, but also more expensive and less BFU-friendly. Don’t get me wrong - I definitely plan to get one too, but I am also curious about future of lower-end tamagochi-like flippers. I imagine that combination of ESP32-H2 (whenever it will be released), small color e-ink display, and perhaps just a membrane keypad, piezoelement and small battery would be a great start for a toy-like Flipper. It could listen for zigbee communication and change status message (like “Oh no, who turned that light on
?”), or perhaps change smart light color depending on dolphin’s mood, keep track of phone notifications through BLE, and change dolphin’s mood based on phone screen time - to keep kids off their phones, etc
 I imagine that with sensible pricing, every owner of Flipper Zero would want baby flippers for their kids :smirk:

Also without RF and RFID, you would dodge that lenghty certifying process :wink:

3 Likes

We’re currently working (besides the Flipper One) on the Flipper Nano, which will have the same CPU, display and buttons as the Zero, but without any of the hacking stuff (no NFC, RFID, SubGhz, iButton and IR). However, it will have double the GPIO pins for communication with external modules, and will run basically the same firmware as the Zero, just without some apps.

We plan that it would be used as a cheap base for hardware projects, just like an Arduino, but much more polished, with existing controls and a screen to display the needed information about your project.

4 Likes

Thanks for a swift reply :heart: Obiviously I hoped for something different, but flipper nano the way you describe it looks pretty cool too :blush: If I can contribute a little input to the design process, it would be awesome if you kept the pinout and form factor same as Zero - if you just replaced all secondary boards with a single pinout header in a way that anyone could just make their own extension board with whatever interfaces they like, connect it underheath, enclose it with bottom cover and protect it with sillicone cover from Zero. Or at least just keep it enclosed, handheld and portable. World really doesn’t need just another MCU board :wink: Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep, it’ll be enclosed, and GPIO will be compatible with modules for the zero (however not vice versa, as the Nano will have a second row of pins)

However, connecting modules from Zero is not the main goal here, so we won’t support it

Hello

I saw this:

Why isn’t Mifare Classic emulation working?

Flipper emulates Mifare Classics according to official specification docs (at 13.56 mhz), however certain card readers operate at slightly different frequencies (such as 13.50 mhz). Since Flipper is unable to detect the frequency (like a real card does), it also can’t correct for these minor errors. As a result, data transmission doesn’t always occur when the reader expects it, and thus emulation is imperfect. There are a few theoretical ways to fix this with software, but the best option would require a new hardware revision.

Will the ZERO flipper evolve soon? In particular on a hardware change for the NFC 13.56 mhz badge emulation compatible with 13.50 (which currently does not work)

But why remove the hack stuff???

Because it will not be limited to the build in cost effective and small antennas, diodes, etc.
It can be extended by GPIO. And you can choose what fit your needs.

Sounds good for me, after playing around with nRF24. I’ve chosen the nRF24L01+PA+LNA, over the nRF24L01+, because it provides 400m (1100m in datasheet) reach instead of 30m (70m in datasheet) with an external antenna.
If the nRF would be integrated, the other modul would be the choice, because of internal antenna and less power consumption.

Hi, any news on the Flipper Nano?

I could only find this video from the Talking Sasquach:

The NEXT Flipper Zero? Introducing the Flipper Nano!! - YouTube