Flipper bricked

I was in the middle of a firmware update and the device turned off.

it will now not turn back on and i have zero idea how to fix.

there where no power issues and my computer didn’t do anything random. just showed that the firmware was interrupted and when i touched the device it was powered off and couldn’t be restarted.

Is there anyway to fix this on my end?

Edit: the light doesn’t even turn on when plugged in to show charging

Unplug the USB cable, Press and hold OK + Back for 30 seconds with the USB unplugged (important), after that release the buttons and connect the USB cable and repair via qflipper

2 Likes

Try this https://docs.flipperzero.one/basics/firmware-update/firmware-recovery

1 Like

was fixed thank you both!

I am having the same issue, and after it preforms the recovery it tries to move on to do the firmware update, where it lags and freezes and the update never finishes and flipper remains bricked

Have you tried the guide above?

So I have the same problem. I have followed the instructions in this thread and my pc won’t recognise my Flipper, it’s a very expensive paper weight just now!

I get a flashing light on the unit while pressing back and the undo button but no amount of connecting, changing ports or restarting qFlipper will allow connection to enable a rebuild.

I had my Flipper less than 24 hours after a 16 month wait, I followed the instructions to update firmware and now it’s useless.

Please help

Can you send a video of you entering your flipper into hardware DFU (OK+BACK for 30s) and what qFlipper shows after connecting?