Electromagnetic Field Detector...?

I tried my best to research the technology required to make one of these work before asking this but all I really could discern was that it is super complicated and requires maybe magnets?

Would this type of thing be possible on the Flipper Zero? Something possible for a newer model?

1 Like

What do you mean by an electromagnetic field detector? Can you please elaborate?

1 Like

electromagnetic field detector is a device used to give information about the workflow in the electromagnetic field by measuring electromagnetic radiation flux density, so getting a base measurement then reading any fluctuations in the signal.

That’s the best way I can think to describe it.

1 Like

Well, that should be possible to make as an external module, but you’ll either have to get an off-the-shelf part for that, or make your own, and then mount it on a prototype board and write the code for the Flipper to communicate with the module

2 Likes

It should be trivial to make a basic one Electromagnetic Field Detector - Arduino Uno - Arduino Project Hub

But please note that adruino code isn’t live yet on flipper.

If you are just curious you can also run tests with phone sensor, there is a lot of apps that do that.
It all depends on what is your end goal.

2 Likes

You could just jam a Hall Effect sensor into one of the GPIO pins hooked up to an ADC (Wanna build a module?) . Something like this: Hall-Effect Sensor - AH1815 (Non-Latching) - SEN-14709 - SparkFun Electronics

3 Likes

Is that something that should be placed on a dev board, and if so, does it need something to function as a counter? So far, the Hall Sensor just appears to detect either N or S field, as on or off. How does one derive a strength measurement from that?

Something like this?

I made a few of these and would love to see the frequencies decoded/demodulated…

1 Like

or like this?

Im about to wire this up and read some cards so my friend can use their sam g9 to try writing to her apartment door and unlock it via phone. Or I could try via flipper lol

1 Like

The ESP32 has a hall effect sensor built into it. So it’s possible someone could use the Wifi module to test this out.

I got mine flipper and wifi module in the mail today. So maybe I’ll get around to testing this at some point.

1 Like

Good question, I’d also like to hear any results or ideas about this.