Ean-13

Hi Guys

I need your help. I’m living in Switzerland and our barcodes here are 13 digits long (EAN-13). Can someone help me to upgrate the barcode generator on my Flipper to this version.

Kind regards,
Patrick

1 Like

Not only Switzerland, the GTIN (Global Transport Item Number) is EAN-13 (European Article Number) compatible to the UPC from US.

I’ve already tried on an early version (before it was an app), without success. Not enough free time. But I’m interested in the solution, too.

2 Likes

I’m from Switzerland as well and am very interested in a barcode generator for EAN-13 codes.

I already had a quick look at the code but was unable to extend it to EAN-13 myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

As it seems more people are interested in this feature, I uploaded my (not working!) project.

I’ve tried to rewrite the existing code and have all Barcodes available. But it seems to be easier to write the EAN-13 plugin and adapt the others.

It is not such complicated, because A and B are inverse order and A and C are inverse color. It is everyone the same ‘code’, the difference is just in the place (and parity of the first digit).