Couple of questions before ordering

On your Kickstarter page you promised VS Code / Platform.io support for the Flipper Zero. Is that still planned to come? On the Github page for the firmware it does not seem it is integrated into any IDE yet, and that would help developing for it tremendously.

Also, I saw you are working on “Arduino support”. What does that mean exactly? Arduino-compatible libraries for all the hardware components? So you could theoretically develop a totally new firmware for it in an Arduino-compatible IDE?

Would ST’s development tools work with the Flipper?

Also: Why is there no option to order the black case version? :frowning_face:

VScode integration is coming soon, PlatformIO and Arduino are in the foreseeable future. Arduino support means that you can connect your Flipper to Arduino IDE and have the code it produced run as a separate app. So, you couldn’t develop a whole firmware there, but a separate app is totally possible.

ST’s tools like STM32Cube work with the Flipper, but we don’t recommend using them, as our own toolchain works much better.

The black case option was a kickstarter-only special, it is no longer produced.

1 Like

OK, thanks, sounds good.

I guess Arduino and PlatformIO go together. I don’t like using Arduino IDE as it’s not really useful as an IDE.

Using your toolchain is fine, as long as I have something to compile and flash the code. I was just curious since I have some former experience with ST micros and their tools.

Oh, another question…

Would those separate apps be able to access all the hardware components in the device, or will there be limitations?

Yes, they’ll have full access

2 Likes