Auto-tuning mode of the universal IR remote control feature

I have a Philips SRP-3004 Universal Remote.
To configure it, two options are offered - the mode of manually entering the manufacturer’s code indicated in the long list at the end of the user manual, or the automatic configuration mode by enumerating commands.
In the automatic setup mode, the remote control commands the TV to turn off, sorting through all known options (like Flipper in the brute-force shutdown mode of the TV), however, the remote control implements “feedback” - the commands are transmitted with a small delay between them.
This is necessary so that the user has time to release the power button if the TV turns off. In this case, the remote control uses the last transmitted code to configure the rest of the remote control buttons.
Why not implement a similar function in Flipper? This would make it possible to simply set up a virtual remote, even if the original is lost, for example.

PS here’s the instruction of this remote, if it can be useful or interesting:
PDF

This is possible to implement, but first we need to collect the full IR database for the app, as right now there’s only a full “power” button DB, but not for other buttons.

I think this third-party IR remote can help with this It have many settings for 4 type of devices - TVs, VCRs, DVDs and satellite boxes) I can get this to someone of community in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

There’s no need for that, we have those at our office. It’s just a matter of when we’ll have development resources to implement this

1 Like