Wrong region locks applied to Sub-GHz Tx

Same at here! How to fix it?

1 Like

Same here. Could transmit 433mhz on 0.64.2 then today after the 0.64.3 update I lost it. I checked and you can get a General User Radio License which is free but the thing is you don’t even need to be allows to use the 433mhz band. It’s completely legal just just use it.

2 Likes

Thanks @sodoku , @Astra

Hardware Region: 2
Hardware Region Provisioned: NZ
Hardware Version: 12

1 Like

We have just rolled out a new region provisioning scheme, and we need time to add every country to the list. If you have any issues, please, sent the code of your provisioned region (like US, CA, NZ etc) and we’ll check your region asap.

Already working on the NZ region.

3 Likes

@Astra

What is the recommended solution when traveling (or moving) between regions (e.g. between US and EU) while staying on the correct side of RF regulation in each jurisdiction? I know location-aware devices like phones and laptops can adjust their radios to match their current location, but I cannot see how a Flipper could do this (automatically, anyway).

My aim here is to be scrupulously legal: given the open-source firmware, I expect it would be possible to de-restrict the frequencies, but that is not my goal. On the contrary, I would like to travel with my Flipper in a manner that allows all locally permitted frequencies, while not risking accidental transmission on banned ones.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Since yesterday, the region gets re-provisioned on each firmware update. You can just update your flipper to RC and back to the Releaze branch once you’re in another country and the region data will be updated

Same issue here in Malaysia - 433 Mhz is openly for short-range radio comms, RFID, remote controlled devices, security devices. This band is regulated under the National Spectrum Plan (https://www.mcmc.gov.my/skmmgovmy/media/General/MCMC-Spectrum-Plan-2022.pdf) with reference to ITU allocations.

Specifically for 433MHz in Malaysia, it’s governed under “Class Assignment”, where it allows the use of such devices as I mentioned at the top.
More info about Class Assignment on Malaysia Regulator’s FAQ (Malaysian Communications And Multimedia Commission (MCMC) | Suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia (SKMM) - Is there any spectrum categorized under unlicensed band?).

I would like to see such generalization of (only 3) ITU global regions to be superceded by local/national specifications where available. We could have volunteers who could submit (to Flipper Dev team) & maintain such national-level specifics. I’m willing to be one, since I work in the telco engineering, and very familiar with local spectrum regulations. … just putting this out there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooh, thanks! Better and easier (and ready-to-use sooner) than I’d hoped! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This should be fixed now

Excuse me, is the list in Taiwan updated? I reinstalled the firmware. However, the frequencies available locally in Taiwan are also disabled in the zero display region.

Here is the specification of Taiwan government official website for FCC. Since it is traditional Chinese, you can use translation software to read the local regulations.

國家通訊傳播委員會

The website mentions that the regulations start on July 1, 2020, please download the PDF file to read the detailed regulations. The second page of the PDF file mentions the unavailable frequency range. It can be seen that 825~915MHz belongs to the unusable range.

frequency 304.10~321.95MHz; 433.05 - 434.79MHz; 915.00 - 928.00MHz. And in line with Taiwan’s local regulations, it is the equipment that Taiwan needs.

I re-downloaded the new version and it showed as Taiwan. But 915MHz still shows regional restrictions.

Attached is a list of frequencies banned in Taiwan

3 Likes

User from Taiwan as well

I’m able to read 433.92MHz AM,650 signals from my garage remote, but failed to save it on Flipper (Lock icon appears before the frequency detected)

Even if I saved it with raw, I was not able to play it “This frquency is restricrted in your region”

3 Likes

hello , i live in Bahrain … just recieved my device and i cant use any of my remotes garage/car anything sun GHz.

R01: BH
v0.64.3

attached is a page of Bahrain national frequency plan, which clearly states that its allowed for Amateur below 25W of power. please change the restriction so i can open my two garages (both are 433Mhz AM660)

at this point the device is almost useless :frowning:

433MHz BH_bahrain.pdf (67.6 KB)

here i attached Bahrain official frequency plan which is public.

National+Frequency+Plan+2020.pdf (2.2 MB)

Hello, @Astra my is not working also. I’m located at CHILE, (South America) and I can’t pick any Sub-GHz signals.

Hardware Region: 2
Hardware Region Provisioned: CL
Hardware Version: 12

Please help.

1 Like

This issue doesn’t affect receiving signals, only sending

This is from Taiwan too and also hit the issue.
But I found a workaround to fix that is to use your mobile app connect to device, and click button on the saved data, then you can see the dolphin sending the signal.
However, I do not have a real receiver can receive the dummy data, I am not sure it really works or not.

1 Like

This is a bug in the mobile app, the device actually doesn’t send anything

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi Asta, still having region issues here in Europe (Netherlands) with th 0.65.2-RC version.