What wont i get in any trouble doing? Can i use it to open my garage door if i rent?
You will need to find out what type of signal your garage uses. The Flipper can’t open all garages but there are many it can.
- There is a weather station app that picks up the signals from nearby weather station.
- i used mine to figure out all the IR codes for my Fire TV.
Brute force Fire TV IR codes
- There is an app that can read pet ID tags.
- You can use the flipper to identify and decode various communication protocols when dealing with electronics.
- The Flipper can make a good remote to trigger your camera when taking selfies with the family or friends.
- Some have used the Flipper as a presentation remote.
- Some people are using their flipper to replace entry keys into buildings(RFiD) and gates.
- The Flipper can copy and write RFID tags.
- There are games. Some are terrible but others can be fun to play for a while.
- There is a Tamogotchi app some people like(virtual pet).
- You can use BadUSB to save bookmarks and macros. That can be good to atomate computer tasks.
I suggest you poke around the forum to see what people are doing. The Flipper software is evolving with many different versions.
Sounds pretty cool! Do you know anything about the dev board? Or prototyping board?
The prototyping board isn’t anything special. You populate it with whatever parts you want. I would start with a generic breadboard that let’s you push parts in and then move them around. Then if you want a more permanent configuration use the prototyping board.
The WiFi dev board is for debugging over WiFi but there is other firmware you can flash to it that increases it’s capability.
What kind of firmware would be beat? I just recieved a dev board and im new to this.