What is up with this?

A few people have pointed this out on Twitter, in the Kickstarter comments, and the subreddit live chat.

I’m trying to take this as poor humor, but wondering if @zhovner would like to comment on this. Also tagging @koteeq since you are replying to all of the Kickstarter comments, and asked someone to elaborate.

Lol, try to google the original text. It’s a stupid Russian meme about the fear of America.

2 Likes

Ah, I see now. Just be aware that people are taking this out of context, then. :slight_smile: Appreciate the explanation @zhovner!

2 Likes

Glad to see this cleared up. Translated the meme reminds me of german death metal? I can see why people would be surprised.

I still think it’s unprofessional but then again I don’t know what it’s like to have so many eyes on me all of a sudden.

it is possible that Google translated it incorrectly for you, but in the Russian version it looks like a compliment to US customers

To be clear, I am not american or offended in any way. To me it does not look like Zhovner had bad intent.

The post seemed to be dedicating a poem about “eating shit from the western anus” to the development team, because they are mostly serving american customers. That is why I called it unprofessional.
But the translation could be wrong.

On a side note the flipper is the most popular in Switzerland! It will have more flippers per capita than Russia and the US combined!

1 Like