Vibration motor part info

Hey folks, new Flipper owner here. Have had my Flipper about a week now & have been enjoying messing around with it. Everything on it has been working fine except one simple function: vibration.

Wasn’t working out the box with stock firmware or on any CFW I’ve tried.

Today I decided to open my Flipper up & check internals & to my surprise, my Flipper did not have a vibration motor installed in it at all!

So now to the point: Anyone out thwre have any info on where i could find a replacement motor to buy or potentially have a spare, working one they would be willing to sell? Or just the info about brand/ model/ specs to find something compatible?

To make things more clear: My Flipper is/was brand new, sealed in box. Managed to get it off Amazon via a reseller [paid twice the price unfortunately :rofl:]

Thanks for any info provided.

1 Like

I don’t have a number but it looks like a pretty common motor style I’ve seen before.
Try looking at “mini pager cell phone motor”

Is this possibly it?

flipper motor2

1 Like

Thank you for the pics & info @jmr .

That looks pretty close to what is shown in your pics. I may just give it a try & see if it is a match.

1 Like

Let us know if it works.

1 Like

I found this & decided to try it out, once i recieve.

I’m unsure what the power draw is for the motor that is supposed to be inside the Flipper, but this might just work.

I know Flipper’s specs say it is a 80 N 13500 RPM motor. This one I found is DC 3V, 65 mA current, 12000 RPM.

I also found one that was 13000 rpm, 130 mA… but went with smaller mA due to being concerned about power draw. I’ll post if it works or not, once I get.

1 Like

Hey there,

I’ve been working on developing my own Flipper device… I have some insights that may be useful to you.

From the schematic, here is the Vibration Motor Circuit:

It could have failed for a few reasons:

• The Resistor R3 is damaged.
  • The vibration motor itself is damaged. I believe SYS is 5V, so the current should be limited to ~230mA.
  • The transistor VT2 is damaged. This is what the microprocessor uses to actually switch the motor on and off. Usually these fail open.
    It may be worth going through that entire circuit just to be sure everything’s alright… if you can, check resistances with a multimeter. If anything’s wrong, all those parts are readily available from either Digikey or Mouser… but you’d need to re-solder them.
1 Like

Thanks @usec ! That info is also helpful to me. I plan on checking things out with a multimeter, just to make sure circuitry is ok.

My Flip simply did not have a vibration motor inside drvice at all… like the manufacturer skipped putting it inside the device. :rofl:

But from the schematics & info you provided, I definitely have more to go on, in case my replacement does not pan out.

1 Like

Got the motor I ordered, today. Perfect fit & all seems well.

1 Like

That’s great!