Unknown Glitch

Grabbed my Flipper this am, and the screen was off. Had it on and working last night so was a little concerned. No response from any buttons, no LED, wouldn’t read when connecting to qflipper. Held the back button while plugged in to my computer with qflipper running and it recognized a problem. Still had no screen or charging lights on, but it started a repair process. Took a few minutes and it flickered to life, then caused a failed operation log and couldn’t connect. Restarted qflipper and we’re fully operational again. Can’t figure out what caused it but happy to say it’s working again.

1 Like

So I’ve had a similar glitch in that the screen will blank out and all buttons seem to be unresponsive, but if I eject the SD card it comes back to life and upon insertion everything seems to work normally. Have you had it happen enough where you can test if we have the same issue?

Mine seems to bug out after waking it up from a period of non-use. After a few button presses to navigate around it’ll blank out and I have to do the SD card pull.

This sounds like a bad SD card. Can you try using another one and see if it helps?

I can. I’d be surprised if it’s bad as it’s a brand new Sandisk 32gb card. I order it brand new once I saw the shipping notification when the Flipper went out. I made sure to get one of the recommended ones in the backer/setup email. I bought a two pack of the same card so hopefully the other one works without issue.

Thanks Astra!

So it did it again before I could switch cards. However now I cant even get it to come back by ejecting the sd card. Eject reinsert usually fixes it but I’ve got no response with the card out or in. I tried the dfu sequence and that’s non responsive as well. I’ll try to plug it into the PC when I get home and see if qflipper wakes it up.

Edit: unit returned to normal function before I could get it connected to PC. It came back to life after a minor bump to the right side edge. Will continue to monitor and report back when it does it again.

@Astra So I’ve still been having the issue with the flipper becoming non responsive. I’ve tried another new SD card and seeing same results. Still a random occurrence and can’t force replicate it every time. I’m also seeing seriously slow charge times on the flipper. I’ve had it connect to my PC for a couple days and it started at 9% and is only now at 69% charged. Battery health is at 100% and says it’s in a healthy charging state, but still taking extremely long time. I checked the USB port’s power settings and it’s not in any kind of power saver mode. Am I potentially looking at an RMA? I know supplies are extremely limited right now so if there is anything else you can suggest it try or test would be greatly appreciated.

That might be a battery connector issue. Are you comfortable with disassembling your device to try and repair it? You’ll need a long PH0 screwdriver.

If you are, I’ll send you the disassembly guide. If not then yes, you’ll need to message [email protected] for an RMA

I’m happy to try it, but if I mess it up further am I at risk of voiding the RMA?

Try messaging our support first and confirm that you are eligible for RMA. If so, send them a link to this thread and ask if you can do this.

1 Like

Hi @Astra . Got response back from support and they said my attempt to resolve battery connection issues will not void my RMA ability. When you have a chance can you fwd over the breakdown instructions?

Here you go!

https://forum.flipperzero.one/uploads/short-url/5KsawePuy49wnYN2IuwQxZVyPbK.pdf

1 Like