Triton Shower Remote Start Button

I have a Triton Digital Shower. There used to be an optional remote start transmitter button but this is now discontinued.

I’ve contacted Triton to ask what the frequencies it used were, but they seem reluctant to tell me, despite the product now being obsolete.

Does anyone have a sub file from that remote start by any chance?

I think our friends have a similar shower and I’ve seen the button mounted by their bathroom door, but I think it would be a bit weird if I go to see them and then start using their shower :joy:

You could start hanging out there and telling them they look dirty! :rofl:

I think I found the button install guide but it doesn’t help. There’s a possibility someone in one of the home automation communities has what you need. It would be in a different format but if we can find it I might be able to replay it from one of my devices and capture it with the Flipper. The Home Assistant community is my first thought.

EDIT: It looks like there might be a version for the US on 968MHz.
https://www.amazon.com/Triton-HOME-Digital-Mixer-Shower/dp/B075SWCV26

Yeah, no… I won’t be doing that :joy:

I didn’t even know there was a Home Assistant community on here so I’ll post there, too.

Details of this, even within Triton literature and on their website, is surprisingly sparse.

1 Like

Sorry if I gave you the false impression it was on this site. I meant the official one. A quick search didn’t reveal anyone that is using it with Home Assistant.

1 Like

I’ve just heard back from Triton who have confirmed that the frequency used in the UK is 868.85Mhz.

I just need to find a way to get the signal correct. Perhaps the Brute Force Sub Ghz will help me with this…

Oh, I don’t think I’ll be able to use my F0 to control my shower:

Within 2 minutes of restoring the power, press and hold both buttons on the remote start/stop button for 10 seconds, then release both buttons at the same time.

I’d need two F0s to achieve this :pensive:

1 Like

It sounds like that action puts the button in pairing mode and the receiver automatically goes into pairing mode upon boot. I strongly suspect only 1 signal is sent at a time because 2 signals on the same frequency simultaneously would be unreliable at best. Besides which the Flipper already has 2 Sub-GhZ radios.

1 Like

Do you know any way in which I could try that and get the Flipper to emulate the correct signal/key?

Source?
Unless you consider NFC/RFID to be SubGHz (well, technically they are…), that’s news for me.

Perhaps it was a misprint somewhere but I’d swear I saw two CC1101 mentioned. I even tried Wayback to see if that was on the site in a previous iteration. I can’t find it anywhere.

I don’t have enough information. If we could find out what chip is inside that would help.

1 Like

I’ll drop Triton another email but I’d be surprised if they’re willing to provide (or even find out) that information.

Finally, someone wants to use a Flipper for something other than opening Tesla charging ports or brute-forcing RFID doors but then they get stuck :joy:

2 Likes

My first Flipper project was brute forcing IR codes on my Fire TV. Details on the forum here. I got a really weird thought the other day. Connecting my Flipper to my PSP. I’m not exactly sure how I would do that. Maybe over WiFi but I have lot’s of Flipper ideas and not enough time.

Wait, wut? They have smart remote controlled showers? And why would you want such a extra layer of vulnerability for something like… A shower… I’m getting old.

1 Like

Omg I forgot the psp had IR!!

In the future (which is apparently now) EVERYTHING is connected. Forget the shower and tell me why toothbrushes are connected? They even have multiple modes. I was talking to some people that found an exploit in a pool a couple months ago. They can control pumps, heaters, and chlorinate it without permission.

1 Like

Speaking of toothbrushes… Hacking A “Smart” Electric Toothbrush To Reset Its Usage Counter | Hackaday

1 Like

Is this the remote you’re looking for? Triton Home/Host Digital Shower Controller, 83316820  | eBay

No… that’s the main controller. The remote is a separate device with just one or two buttons on it.

1 Like

This? Triton digital shower remote start stop | Triton HOSDMRSS | National Shower Spares