Tesla Update

Greetings,

This whole week I’ve been playing with my Tesla Model 3 and the Flipper. It worked up until I conducted a software update on the Tesla today around noon.

Would anyone else (who owns a Tesla) verify the Flipper still works after the software update?

Cheers,

1 Like

I’m reaching out to someone else to see if they can still do it. I’ll be watching this topic. I’ll update you if I hear anything. Do you know the update version? Most companies roll out"updates over time rather then to everyone at the same time. It evens out server loads and tech support calls.

Tesla Update 2022.40.4.2

That will be helpful. I haven’t got a reply back yet from anyone else that has tested it. If they are changing something they will have to update the chargers too. I assume that’s a simple firmware update. Make sure you try to copy the code next time you go to a Tesla charger. I don’t have a Tesla to test personally.

Exacty WHAT did stop working with the update ? Are you talking about opening the charging port ? If so and if Tesla did change “something” because of the flipper attacks all over the net then they have to update the charger to open the port with the new code so one would only need to capture the new signal …

1 Like

All of the files I found on Guidoz for Tesla worked well before the update. After the update, no dice. So I did go back to the garage this morning and record a new raw signal and save it. It did work once again.

1 Like

Would you share the code so we can see how it differs?

1 Like

Tesla_charge_door_AM270.sub (10.7 KB)
Tesla_charge_door_AM650.sub (11.6 KB)

Works perfectly in France

4 Likes

these are the files for in the netherlands. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have a tesla model 3 in the US, I can test the old codes this afternoon, but I won’t be able to record any new sub-ghz signals until tomorrow since my charger is at home, and I’m staying at my friend’s place right now.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, why would you need to record the charger? Wouldn’t you just need to record the data for the charger port opening on any Tesla car? I mean, if that’s the case, you could just park near a charging station and wait for a Tesla owner to pull up to the charging station, then record the data it’s sending to open the charger port.

Is that not how a Tesla charger port operates? or is there something with the Tesla charger that makes it open the door for charging?

When saying record the charger I mean record the signal the charger sends. That’s the signal we care about. If there are any changes it will be interesting to see the evolution. I suspect it would be extremely infrequent if at all.

Well I mean I live down the road from a Tesla Charging station I camped in front of a bunch of people who were going and did charge their Tesla’s but I’m not sure as to how close I’d need to even capture it. I’m going to assume that you need to be at least 10 feet from them from where I was parked.

I mean that’s super awkward just to walk up to people getting out of there Tesla and trying to run a RAW scan on them plugging in their charger

1 Like

The image you painted made me smile. In that case a video recording would be amazing just to see the reactions of the Tesla drivers. There is no need for you to do all that though because I’m sure we can get plenty RF samples from people that have or know someone with a Tesla. I’m not even sure the code has changed. It’s possible the OP experienced an unrelated bug.

Makes me wonder if i could go to the local tesla and test drive it just to the charger station or if the Tesla Dealership would want to come with me lmao.

I must have experienced a bug. Seriously though, it worked very reliably. I did the update on the Tesla and wanted to make sure my new capability still worked and no joy. So I went through a bunch of flashing a replacing firmware and still nothing. I managed to record the raw signal and it worked again. No idea what the variable is here.

1 Like

So, then I am curious if anything changed comparing to the other US versions of 270 and 650 in the raw data it captured.

Confirmed working in the UK today! :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I haven’t had time yet to test the public Tesla ones for the US that are currently on here yet, but I can try later if I get time today. There is a local Tesla dealership just down the road from me. But I was curious if anyone else has tried them to see if they still work.

1 Like

Okay so I can say that I tested the AM270 for the US and it worked on every Tesla I tried it on. The only thing is appears you need to be within at least 10 feet of the car for it to work.

2 Likes