Sub-ghz is not Working

I pressed my doorbell and the Flipper saved the frequencies. And when I tried to give them back, it didn’t ring. Can someone help me there ?
Order number: DQN6JWDD

1 Like

A single test with your doorbell doesn’t mean the Flipper doesn’t work. You should try other devices as well. Sometimes when you record a signal there may be interference. Many devices work on the same frequency as your doorbell.

I’ve tried many times but it didn’t work. and there was no other equipment around.

1 Like

You might be surprised how many things are out there transmitting. Even car tires.

I’ve tried other things but it didn’t work.

The fact the your Flipper has received the signal means the the subghz hardware and software work properly. This means that either your doorbell’s protocol is not supported by the Flipper, or you’re doing something wrong.

Can you record a video of you receiving the signal and trying to send it? Please make sure that both your Flipper and the doorbell in question are visible, and that the Flipper’s screen is readable.

1 Like

And as you can see in the next video, the cover of the device is defective and not properly processed.

From your video I can now tell that the signal bursts of the doorbell button were too short to register on the frequency analyzer.

The frequency analyzer works by repeatedly listening on different frequencies, one at a time. The whole cycle takes about a second, and if the signal is shorter than that - there’s a chance that the frequency analyzer won’t be listening on the correct frequency when the signal is sent, and so, it won’t notice it.

You can try holding the button for a longer period, this usually makes the signal loop, which makes it much easier to detect.

You can note that the RAW recording of your signal contains tiny peaks at the moments you’ve clicked the button. The frequency and/or modulation selected for listening is probably wrong, but the fact that you get those peaks (they’re coming from harmonic frequencies of the button) means that the Flipper’s hardware is working properly.

This is ultimately a question of more research on the signal, not of the hardware faliure.

As for the plastic case from your second video - this is absolutely normal, all our devices are built in exactly the same way and may have a but of give in those parts of the case. This is within tolerances and doesn’t indicate any failure.

2 Likes