Should I wait for Flipper One?

Hello,
I’m interested in Flipper Zero, but I was wondering if it is possible to add WiFi deauthing and packet sniffing (and more)…without making it bulky.
Somewhat of a Pwnagotchi with Flipper features on top.

Before I found out that there is more advance version (Flipper One) in development, I asked support few questions, but I can’t get a reply :frowning:, so I’m turning to you with hope that someone already asked or found it.
Copy & paste of message to support:

How many scripts for the BadUSB can be fitted into Flipper Zero?

And I use my ISIC Student card to check/collect my lunch and then blue square plastic chip (very cheap, cuz school is cheap-out) to unlock stuff in school…
Will both of them work? The chip is understandable, it has 125Hz frequency…but what about the ISIC card filled with some my ID in the restaurant?
Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

The Flipper Zero firmware is still under development so no one knows how much space will be left as storage, but I imagine you can fit a lot of playloads unless you are planning on typing base64 encoded programs.

The blue chip is most likely only using a PID and the flipper will support emulating that. I don’t know what kind of technology the ISIC card uses so I can’t say if the flipper will support that.

For wifi deauthing you could probably hang an ESP32 from the expansion port and talk to it over I2C depending on your technical skills but packet sniffing will be hard to implement. If you want to do wifi shenanigans on the go it is probably a better idea to put a raspberry pi with a wifi dongle and powerbank in your backpack and control it from your phone.

As for waiting, development of the Flipper One will be resumed after the release of the Flipper Zero. So it would be a long wait, so depending on how badly you want a flipper running linux you could wait.

Too bad I couldn’t snatch the 99$ offer. It looks stupid, but those 20$ are crutial in deciding :smiley:
Does Pwnagotchi offer those things I mentioned? (Minus the BadUSB, cloning of chips etc…of the Flipper Zero)

So it could even be like year and even more for Flipper One? :frowning:

Yeah, for the BadUSB storage…I might try something more complex, but I’m more interested in time saving as IT technician. So macro-like tasks, but in the size of like 50-100 tasks. I’m literally comparing it to Malduino, so 16 scripts vs ??? scripts for Flipper.

Thanks a lot, BTW.

PS: I can take a look, but what should I look for if I want to know what ISIC card uses as a communicating device?

You can find all the information about the Pwnagotchi here.

I don’t think it will be less than a year before you can buy a Flipper One.

The 16 script limit for the malduino elete is not a storage limitation but a limitation of the dip switches that can only be set to 16 different combinations. Because the Flipper has a screen and buttons you won’t have this limitation. However the malduino elete uses a sd card so it will be able to store larger scripts.

If the ISIC card uses nfc you could use an app like “NFC tools”, but if its low frequency you would need to buy a rfid reader or find someone online that has looked at it.

Yeah. I didn’t make myself clear. I know and understand that it’s a limitation of the amount of switches/combination of switches.

Flipper One will have microSD slot presumably…so that could store the scripts among other things…

I tried an app, but didn’t get anything. I thought it was encrypted, but maybe it’s just my phone NFC chip “bottlenecking” the result.

Well, if there won’t be any spot in Super Early Bird tier for Flipper Zero, then I’ll cancel the pledge and wait for Flipper One.

If it doesn’t show anything in the app (and your phone has nfc enabled) it is not using NFC. My government ID is definitely secure but it still shows up.

A last tip, there are custom kernels available for some phones that enable keyboard emulation. My old oneplus x can run ducky scripts.

I have OnePlus 7 Pro…

I installed NFC Tools once again. Read tab or what? It pops several things on me :slight_smile:

If it is this kind of card it will most likely be emulatable becouse it will be thier main goal to add suport for.
Otherwise no one knows yet.

Yupp, totally same!
But I can’t clone/emulate it via NFC Tools, huh? :-/

No but there are other apps that can do it if you’re rooted altough I don’t have great experiences with those. I use a proxmark 3 easy with iceman firmware.

I don’t have rooted phone and I won’t root it anymore. Too much hassle with Android 10.

I’m looking for easy and on-the-go solution. Flipper is the answer that combines it with Malduino/Rubber Ducky and hopefully even some WiFi tool with version “One”. I’ll wait <3

Thanks a lot ^w^

Lots of good info here!