Script (or other ?) to send multiple IR successively

Hello

I want to know if is it possible to send multiple IR with “one button”.
Like a little script to do action or like the TVs remote implemented

I want to do multiple IR output for decrease the brightness of my TV and i need to go settings, enter in display option, choose brighness level etc…

I try to change .ir but nothing happens. I try with NEC and RAW type

If someone have an idea or if it could be implemented :slight_smile:

1 Like

No good way to do this yet. The feature you speak of is a macro. That said there is a couple not so good ways.

1. I believe we could edit the .ir file in a specific way to make it send multiple raw commands. I’ll test it myself and get back to you when I get a chance.

2. Edit the .ir file for the universal remote under
    SD card/infrared/assets/tv.ir

Option 2 you give up your universal remote ability with the ability to create a custom macro. See below how I am sending the Power button multiple times with different ir codes. The same can be done with volume +, volume -, channel up, and channel down. You could re assign one of those function to brightness instead if you like.

Version: 1
#
name: Power
type: parsed
protocol: NECext
address: 02 7D 00 00
command: 00 00 00 00
#
command: 01 00 00 00
#
command: 02 00 00 00
1 Like

I tested the second option and yes indeed it works. But it bothers me to have to change the original .ir.

Is there an option to add your own remote controls with buttons like the FLIPPER ZERO has implemented?

It is open source.

1. Go to flipperzero-firmware/applications/main/infrared/scenes at dev · flipperdevices/flipperzero-firmware · GitHub
  2. Take a look at the files below (infrared_scene_universal_*.c) and modify the input.ir (line 12)
  3. Copy one of the files, add the new file to the infrared_scene_universal.c

Compile the source and use it …
It needs a little more effort, to add a dynamic file selector (like ‘Saved remotes’ in the Infrared App), but there are a lot of examples in the other files, to archive this, too.

2 Likes

Ok that sounds good ! Thanks you !

And i suppose i need to use Flipper Build Tool to use my new features ?

It’s all good !

I made a fork for more details GitHub - Jumitti/flipperzero-firmware: Flipper Zero firmware source code

2 Likes

Let us know how it goes!

I updated the readme

Good reading it’s long :slight_smile: and there is also a video demo

Nice documentation. Good work. It seems you are really interested in how it is working.

Maybe it is possible to compile the Universal Remote (or a modified one) as Plugin.
Plugins can be build as module and copied to a Flipper with matching firmware (API).

I’ve done it in the project GitHub - LupusE/BarcodeGenerator13 … with less documentation :wink:

The EAN-13 in my barcode project is not working at the moment, there is a order flip issue. Just a side project, I know how it shod work, but don’t spend much time in it. I could document more about the Barcode math behind.

Still good to know how Flipper modules where build.

thank you very much :slight_smile: if you see any errors or misunderstandings, let me know

I actually thought of a plugin or something like that, I’ll see what I can do. the goal being that it is modular and that everyone can create the remote of their choice

1 Like

There is a way as well with phillips PRONTO …

You can have a sequence of key on PRONTO and there is even software to create a pronto code with multiple keys of known protocol, then when you create your pronto sequence you convert to flipper raw. That’s it. Your RAW from flipper will send multiple keys / commands to a device … Tested with service mode for philips. For example on PRONTO you can create the password sequence like for example 4321 by sending that as a single pronto sequence (RC5 on that example). When you convert from PRONTO to flipper RAW you will have a single button to send the entire sequence of several buttons.

1 Like

Your method seems simpler, but do you have as nice a remote control as me on your Flipper Zero suddenly? :wink: (see my Git above)

nevertheless, for your technique you need a Pronto remote or just the software is enough? And what software did you use?

1 Like

That’s awesome! I got a chance to check out your repo today. The things people do when you get a great community together. We wouldn’t see all this innovation in a closed ecosystem where people can’t share ideas freely.

1 Like