Read/writable tag

I’m curious if there is a way to configure the Flipper, or even a specific nfc file, to allow both reading and writing to the file. Specifically, for my use case, this is what I attempted to do…

I have a super smash bros ultimate amiibo. I copied it to the flipper, and then tried to use it with my switch. My idea was that I could store multiple amiibo on the device, rather than bringing the figures around.

The switch was able to read the flipper fine, and said it needed to register the amiibo with the game. I selected the owner and created a nickname, then clicked the ‘register’ button, and it said to put the amiibo back against the switch, but then it seems to try and write data to the amiibo chip, which then failed.

Is there a way to use the flipper which would allow both reading and writing for situations like this?

1 Like

Writing is already partially supported, but probably there’s still some work needed to completely emulate the NTAG so the Switch wouldn’t be able to detect that it’s an emulator

1 Like