[Radio Gate Remote] Replay for recorded RAW signal doesn't open a gate consistently

I have a problem with the recorded RAW signal for my Radio Gate Remote, it opens the gates 1-2 times from 20-30 attempts. Radio Gate Remote with two buttons for two different gates

How I did the recording

1. Open “Read RAW”
  2. Select “Rec”
  3. Press the button on the Radio Gate Remote
  4. Select “Stop”
  5. Select “Save”

What I have tried additionally

1. I have tried short and long presses on the Radio Gate Remote (the graph for them looks different)

VS.

Both variants have the same (low) chance to open gate

1. I have tried different modulation settings:
  • AM650
  • AM270
  1. I am sure that my Radio Gate Remote is 433,92MHz because it’s what is written on its PCB (it has two buttons for two different gates, and both gates are unstable)

Because I’m a newbie I probably missing something very important, I hope someone can point me to what I’m doing wrong

Thanks

Can anything be recorded with Read?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply,

It shows different results:

• “LK Unknown ${some hash or hex decimal number, each time random}” - most of the time
  • “LK Beninca ${some hash or hex decimal number, each time random}” - spotted several times
  • “LK Mutanco_Mutancode ${some hash or hex decimal number, each time random}” - spotted several times

Probably I saw something other too

Is it possible that I do recording in too “noisy” (in terms of radio) environment? I don’t think it’s true but I’m running out of ideas…

Not KL?
Is there a locked or unlocked padlock icon?
Try recording some (~10) button presses as one RAW file and testing it.

Not KL?

Sorry for miss type, yep it’s KL

Is there a locked or unlocked padlock icon?

Yep there is a locked icon each time

Nice idea thanks for the suggestion

It seems a bit better, but still inconsistent:

• First gate: 2 of 10 success (first two attempts worked)
  • Second gate: 0 of 10 success

Also, I have tried:

• recording in a long distance where RC cannot reach the gates, and outside where RC can reach and open gates, doesn’t affect the stability
  • I tried to replay at a really close distance to gates 1-2 meters, but no success

OK.
It is a so-called rolling code, impossible to copy in general.
Common vulnerability turned out not to apply here.
And Flipper doesn’t seem to know the key, ruling out adding as a new remote too.
I guess you don’t have skills/equipment to get the software out of remote?
Then you are out of luck.

1 Like

I guess you don’t have skills/equipment to get the software out of remote?

Unfortunately no

BTW thanks a lot for note “rolling code”, there is more details about it in Exploring rolling codes with flipper : post