qFlipper: Serial Port unable to be accessed

I am trying to connect to my Flipper using qFlipper on Manjaro but I keep receiving this error

I followed the solutions in this thread with no success.

Here is the full log:

349 [APP] qFlipper version 1.1.0 commit 73c2ac6a 2022-06-03T12:50:17
349 [APP] OS info: Manjaro Linux unknown 5.10.124-1-MANJARO
771 [USB] Failed to open device
771 [REG] Detected new device: VID_0x483:PID_0x5740
870 [UPD] Fetched update information from https://update.flipperzero.one/qFlipper/directory.json
934 [RPC] Starting RPC session

1034 [UPD] Fetched update information from https://update.flipperzero.one/firmware/directory.json
1963 [RPC] Failed to start RPC session: Failed to open serial port: Permission denied
1963 [REG] Device initialization failed: Protobuf session error: Failed to open serial port: Permission denied

Did you run the command that is mentioned in the step 2 on your screenshot? If you did, what was the output?

Hi,
missing right on your system to access /dev/ttyACM0 or whereever your flipper is
so add your username to the group dialout should do the trick
sudo usermod -a -G dialout

logout and login again

but the recommanded way is to run

sudo ./qFlipper-x86_64-1.1.0.AppImage rules install

that will install the proper udev rules:
cat /etc/udev/rules.d/42-flipperzero.rules

#Flipper Zero serial port
SUBSYSTEMS==“usb”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0483”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“5740”, ATTRS{manufacturer}==“Flipper Devices Inc.”, TAG+=“uaccess”, GROUP=“dialout”
#Flipper Zero DFU
SUBSYSTEMS==“usb”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0483”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“df11”, ATTRS{manufacturer}==“STMicroelectronics”, TAG+=“uaccess”, GROUP=“dialout”

Hi guys,

I’m experiencing same issue but without the app image part.

I can’t get how install the proper udev rule and I never used SUDO, so can somebody please explain everything in a simpler way?

Thanks in advance

Further more I’m experiencing same issue of serial port but without the n.2 point

Are you on Linux? What distribution are you using?

Hi Astra,

I’m using windows and I’m quite a noob. I wanted to start learning by using flipper but this problem I’m facing looks quite complicated. I kindly ask you to be as detailed as possible in order to be able to solve the issue.

Thanks and have a nice day :grin:

Even if the title ‘Windows Debug’ sunds a little deep dive, I do think here is your issue: https://docs.flipperzero.one/basics/firmware-update/windows-debug

Just make sure your settings are the same as in chapter “2.1. Check COM Port driver”.
Even if the COM Port should be unique, I’ve already seen that a dumb Bluetooth driver is claiming a used COM Port. Mostly older drivers that only know COM1-4 
 So if you can, set the COM port for your flipper to 5 or above (see Chapter 3).

1 Like

@TacoChurner @Jonathan_Buono On Arch-based distros, such as Manjaro, there is no dialout group. The group for controlling access to serial ports and devices connected through such ports on Arch is uucp, check here for details: Users and groups - ArchWiki. That said, the udev rule on Arch-based distros needs to be changed to:

cat << EOF | sudo tee /etc/udev/rules.d/42-flipperzero.rules
#Flipper Zero serial port
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0483", ATTRS{idProduct}=="5740", ATTRS{manufacturer}=="Flipper Devices Inc.", TAG+="uaccess", GROUP="uucp"
#Flipper Zero DFU
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0483", ATTRS{idProduct}=="df11", ATTRS{manufacturer}=="STMicroelectronics", TAG+="uaccess", GROUP="uucp"
EOF

sudo udevadm control --reload
1 Like

Hello all,

I am running lets just say Linux 
 connecting to the Flipper and testing to see if its there I find its there connected to my system. I can use the CLI and see my Dolphin. I can do everything from there.

Now The Problem 
 Is when I go to the Flipper lab and try to connect to the Flipper it cant be found with Chromium.

so my sys sees the Flipper 
Yet the browser cant Y?

Any body have a clue I even uninstalled every thing and re-installed no better. “No-Show”

It worked the first time I hooked it up !

did the update loaded the different Firmware , Then ran them at different times connected two more times now Chromium just do not see it.

Hi! Can you try running qFlipper as root? The web updater doesn’t always work due to the factors that we can’t control (if chromium doesn’t see your device - we can’t do anything about that), but qFlipper is much more reliable in that sense.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.