Problem emulating IButtons :

Making an ideal connector is impossible, we made the best one we could. It it doesn’t make proper contact you might need to clean the reader itself, we’ve heard reports of that helping

There’s no thing as a working but out-of-spec reader. If the voltage is too high then even the original key won’t work.

Read/write voltages can be the same or different, depends on the key. However, if the reading works, then the emulation should also work.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
On my case it’s not a problem with contacts as they are properly made with the reader, it’s just that emulation simply doesn’t work with the type of readers that i have.
The question about voltage were more on the lines of a broken reader that would have over-voltage that would toast/damage both flipper and keys, so i wouldn’t stick the flipper on a random reader at least without testing with a key first, just in case …
I will try to find other readers to test with.

Yes connector is good, but I think pins should be stronger, they presses very easy, I think springs should be stronger. It will be easier to use when Domophone is a little bit dirty.
Yesterday I tried to client it, but it didn’t help. I’m will try one more time later again.

Some readers have an anti-emulator feature that we are not yet bypassing. Yours probably is one of those.

Basically, they start reading the key, then remove the power for a bit, then start reading it again. If the key doesn’t start from the beginning of its data then it’s an emulator and should be ignored. We can fix this in our software, it just takes time and our iButton/RFID dev is currently busy with RFID RAW

1 Like

The pin strength doesn’t matter, as they will either be fully extended, or compressed because the reader itself pushes on them, they can’t just be both compressed and not touching anything

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

OK, thx.
I’m testing with Vizit, as i see iButton is very old technologu and most new ones start using RFID or even NFC, but NFC fob looks same as RFID one.

Progress?

No progress…

After all this time, does anybody know how to fix this bug?

Good afternoon. Faced the same problem. I can read the key. Write down too. But when you try to emulate the key, the 1-wire line is pulled up to the power supply and that’s it. I tried on the original firmware and on non-original. When using the ibutton fuzer application, the ds1990 emulation does not work, while the metacom and cyfral keys emulate.

1 Like

First, I can’t reproduce pulling 1W pin to +5 when emulating DS1990, but that can be question of voltmeter’s internal resistance. Second, you should get a copy of Dallas iButton spec, as it’s way more complex than outputting stream of bits forever.

1 Like

Good day everyone.
Just made a little board with tact switch to short 1W-pin with GND. I’m pushing it while keeping Flipper pins connected to reader. It helps a lot with Vizit intercoms.

Neat!
I bet it can be performed in software. Developers, attention please!

1 Like

20230913_160844
Here it is. Pretty sure there’s something wrong with ‘presence’.

Did you try wiring to the closer GND pin (#18)?

Thought about it. But then it will be unhandy to press this button while holding Flipper.

Nice catch. We will try to investigate this.