Pet chip scanner

Is it possible to add scanning for pet chips? 128kHz and 134.2 kHz

13 Likes

I am also looking for this answer. I’ve been trying with my Flipper, but so far I’m unsuccessful.

Not yet, but will be implemented in the future.

7 Likes

Heya, have there been any updates regarding this? Tried it yesterday, but didn’t seem to work.

This has been implemented for a few weeks now, works perfectly.

However, since the antenna in the chip is very small, you’ll need to position your flipper pretty much perfectly over it to read. Also, remember that you need to keep your flipper perfectly still for a few seconds for it to read, as even small and slow movements won’t allow it to adjust its settings to match the chip’s relative position

1 Like

There is a thread about this topic: Animal tag “Bayer Animal Coder” issue - #17 by hauf

For me ‘Read’ works for 2 of 3 dogs. ‘Read RAW’ works for all of them.

A good indicator is ‘yellow blinking’ near the tag. But you need to be patient, sometimes it blinks also far away. Most false positives can be identified by mode more often over this spot.
But if you are near the tag, better don’t move at all. You and the pet.

Does this work for 125Khz (I assume so since baseline RFID), 128Khz (I assume so because signal variance) and 134.2Khz (I assume this is the hard one)?

It works for all of those ranges, provided that the protocol is supported by the firmware

1 Like

I have one implanted under my arm. It scans them no problem. I guess I’m an animal?

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Digit 4-5 should be the ‘Spicies Code’, regarding to Animal tag “Bayer Animal Coder” issue - #17 by hauf

Maybe we can collect some codes to implement a ‘better’ output for the scan?

Edit:
Read ISO 11784 and ISO 11785 - Wikipedia … Here is ‘animal’ only one bit. I’d think this is the actual implementation in Flipper firmware.

1 Like