PC is recognizing device as DFU in SF mode but qFlipper is not able to repair

It seems like the DFU driver was not installed correctly.
Did you download and install qFlipper properly (using the installer from the download page)?
If not, please do so. If you have used the installer, please do the following:

1. Switch your flipper to DFU mode as described here.
  2. Connect it to your computer.
  3. Go to device manager and see if the following entry is present (as shown in the pictures below).
  4. In case you do not see it, or you see “Unknown device” instead, then it’s the driver issue.
  5. Please report back for further instructions (which will be dependednt on your answer).

device manager
Fig. 1 - Correct device entry

Fig. 2 - Device properties

1 Like

Could you please provide the application log?
In case it is similar to @rrjames81’s problem, then try the instructions above.

1 Like

Apparently I don’t have any drivers installed that are compatible with the flipper in recovery mode. What can I do in this case

Can you solve the problem?

@Anthony_Parabavidez Did you install qFlipper using this installer?

1 Like

Yes, that one, but im using a surface pro could be the problem?

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Unfortunately, Surface Pro was not tested yet, so I can’t tell exactly why the automated driver installation didn’t work.
However, you may try this manual procedure to get your Flipper working:

1. Switch your Flipper to DFU mode and connect it to the computer.
  2. Right click on the DFU in FS Mode → select Update driver (Fig. 1)
  3. Select Browse my computer for drivers → Let me pick from a list of available drivers
  4. Select Universal serial bus devices → WinUsb device → WinUsb device (Fig. 2-3)
  5. Click Next and Yes

image (1)
Fig. 1

image (2)
Fig. 2

Fig. 3

Let me tell you guys something!!! You rock. Thx for the help the device its working again.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me I played with fixing it all weekend and did manage to resolve but not in a great way.

I figured out the DFU driver was improperly installed as it showed up as an audio DFU (I have no audio DFU’s). The fun part is I cannot figure out how to purge it because simply highlighting it in divice manager uninstalling it, then uninstalling qflipper (also those in reverse order), then reinstalling does not resolve the problem and the qflipper uninstall does not remove the bad driver and manually uninstalling it does not seem to remove enough of it to resolve the issue. It did manage to get the flipper one step futher in that it started the update and then quit beaking the firmware (sorry I dont have the logs as the app crashed as soon as this happened)

I moved over to my laptop installed qflipper and drivers and resolved the issue after a couple tries(she would not come out of DFU by the time I moved to the laptop) but I still want to resolve the issue as my desktop is my primary computer.

Any ideas to purge the bad driver outside of what you’ve already suggested?

@rrjames81 We will try and reproduce your problem in order to come up with a proper procedure.
For now, may I ask you to try the driver we are currently considering as a replacement (it’s a driver from ST Microelectronics, the same company that produces microcontrollers Flipper is based on). (See attachment.)
To install, unzip the file, click “Update driver” on Flipper in DFU mode, select “Browse my computer for drivers” and then point the installer to the folder you have unzipped.
STM32_Driver.zip (4.6 MB)

1 Like

So I finally received my flipper after all those years ! Unfortunately the windows gods are not on my side and I have the same bug as rrjames81.
My flipper in Recovery Mode is recognized in sound devices as an “Guillemot STM DFU Device”

I tried both forcing the WinUsb and installing the STM32_Driver without any luck. This is the message i get when i try to install the STM32 driver :

Do I have a chance of fixing my flipper on windows or do I have to install Linux on my laptop ?

Any help apreciated

@JustGame32
I just went through this and got it fixed. Here’s what you need to do.

• Delete these 2 folders
    -C:\Program Files\Guillemot
    -C:\Program Files(x86)\Guillemot
  • Go to Device Manager, uninstall the Guillemot STM DFU Device.
  • Reboot
  • Try updating Flipper as normal.
    At this point that rouge driver should not take over and the proper driver should work as intended. I’m assuming from my minimal research that this rouge driver was from a sim racing peripheral that i used. Not sure which one though. Hope this helps.
1 Like

Thanks @Murky

I did it a bit differently,

• Delete these 2 folders
    -C:\Program Files\Guillemot
    -C:\Program Files(x86)\Guillemot
  • Start flipper update to put device in DFU mode
  • Go to Device Manager,
    *rolled back the Guillemot DFU driver to default windows which let me manually update to the STM32 DFU driver you gave previously

and then waited for the updater to finish and voila ! Successful update with no reboot required

1 Like

hello i am new, and this helped me for my flipper - thank you a lot!

Hello,

When i am trying to update my flipper zero firmware i am getting this error "[RCY] Set Recovery boot mode @Alerwak ERROR: Failed to set Recovery mode: operation timeout [DEV] Full Repair @Alerwak ERROR: Failed to set Recovery mode: operation timeout"

my device manager setting are attached my error logs are also attached please help me to run my flipper zero i have’t used it for one time :frowning_face:

also my device is not showing any thing it is blank

There is pretty exhaustive topic about driver removal here: Redirecting - see the last comment as well for information on using pnputil

I have the same problem. Could you help me please?

My Flipper is stuck in Recovery Mode. When i connect to PC to repair, it runs through to 100%, then there is briefly shown “… region settings…” cant really note it down exactly, a second later the programm terminates and Flipper is still stuck in DFU.

Hello, I had the same problem and the fliper firmware must be updated.

1- install version qFlipperSetup-64bit-0.9.3
2- Download firmware - Flipper Zero Firmware Update, next version of your device
3- update release one by one to reach the latest version