Paid for Zero but I want Flipper One

So I did the kick-start thing. committed to pay the price for the Flipper Zero. Is there any way I could exchange that credit for a portion of the cost of the Flipper One instead? There’s lots of features that I don’t want to miss. I’m considering cancelling my donation and just waiting for the One to come out

1 Like

The flipper one is still in early development, if you back the kickstarter, you will only get a flipper zero.

2 Likes

hi, i read that you use a proxark 3 , I would be interested in buying one for me to experiment on the various chips that are around … Can I contact you in private? I would like a couple of information (Google translate)

When will the Zero and One be released? Just an estimate. Does anyone know the projected price of the One? I’d like to see a discount on the ONE for kickstarters

What are the differences between the two? I’m not great at tech (specifically hardware) would you be so kind as to dumb it down a bit?

So you can compare for yourself:-
Here is the the info on the Zero

Here is the the info on the One
1 Like

I don’t understand like any of that XD

The main difference seems to be Zero:Arduino vrs One:Linux. The hardware seems to include the same features.

1 Like

So why not make this an addition to the zero? Make the zero a modular platform to add more functions to it. Sell us the kits to modify the zero and now you have a Zero plus one or ect.?

There’s been a lot of changes to the flipper one project, and now it is so different from the zero that it is simply impossible to release an upgrade module for the zero to make it like the one.

I think if the developers wanted too they would. Just my opinion. I am also just starting out in all of this too.

No, there are significant architectural and structural changes that have happened to the Flipper One in the two years since that web page has been published that make it literally impossible to the flipper zero (for example a bigger screen, a new radio and NFC/RFID design and much much more). Please wait until we actually announce the flipper one before you make such statements.

I do electronic repair for a living I have seen major companies create new hardware and systems for older products and they work seamlessly. The zero is a great idea and should be expanded on instead of just another device that going to replace another one and so forth. If the new device has the same functionality as the zero with additive benefits, then you are talking about an upgrade. But if it only covers things the zero didnt have then it is just another device.

It’s like the laptop you can expand it to do pretty much anything you want. You can add on and take away if you know what your doing. But you still have the same laptop. Developers purposely designed for the laptop. This is also only an observation. Don’t take offence to this. I bought into this to learn and get a new skill. I purposely bought two flipper zeros. One to use as is and the other to mod. I do a lot of hardware hacking with out the programing side. I need to learn how the programing work for the flipper.

You probably saw this post I made. It was directed to you in another post.

“I am not a programer and all of this is very new. I looked over your link and I was overwhelmed. I would like to know where the start of how to do all of this is? I have never gotten onto github or used it. Look at me as the mood to the noob that is trying to learn with no prior experience to anything like this. I want to learn so I started with the Flipper. ? If you got any suggestions or anyone reading this it would be great.”

1 Like

I understand what you mean and I really wish to share more info on the Flipper One, but I just can’t as most of it is confidential at the moment. The only analogy I can think of is the phone & laptop combination, where the Zero is a phone and the One is the laptop. They both have similar features in overview, but the actual difference is really dramatic and there are a lot of things that you can’t do on a phone but that are easy to do on a laptop.

The Flipper One will be much much more than just an upgraded Zero, trust me.

Also, I saw your other post and am currently working on finding a tutorial for you as the Flipper is designed for people who already have at least some experience with github and coding, so that’s not something that we get asked often

3 Likes

@Astra

1 Like

The closes thing I have to a 0/1 flipper is a modified note 3. It has the IR blaster, NFC, bluetooth, WiFi, runs Kali, has internal / external storage, has attached proxmark old version, and I have a modified USB C with the micro USB that allows both of them to do data transfer. We have 5 of them built. The hardware building and designing is on me but all the software, coding, and programing stuff goes to my friends. We got pulled into the pwn phone idea and brought most of our ideas to life. Also none of us live anywhere close to each other so it is always a waiting game. That is why I need to start learning. I can’t wait to see where you guys are going with the one.