No read signal from 125KHz

What kind of LF-RFID card are you trying to read? Do you have a proxmark3 or something similar that can show the card type?

I have actually tried it with a Proxmark3 (125Khz) and an unknown brand FOB (125Khz) and the HID iClass (13.56MHz). All of the above I have been capable of cloning using a cheap cloning tool off eBay. However, none of these cards are even recognized by my new Flipper Zero. In fact, the majority of functions on my Flipper Zero do not seem to work (frequency analyzer). I am going to re-flash my device today when I have time and see if that will help. However, I had successfully upgraded to the latest firmware immediately after unboxing the device.

1 Like

Opened mine. There are marks on the pads where the spring terminals make contact, so I don’t think it’s a connectivity issue with the antenna.

Just a heads up to add to this: Just tried testing 125KHz reads for my workplace’s RFID card, but no dice. It’s a KeyScan CS125 36 bit. Unless you have suggestions, I have no other way to scan it to get more details.

Those cards are not supported yet.

2 Likes

Are there ways to be on top of when this is released?

The new RFID subsystem was released earlier today, you might want to update and re-check if it works

Otherwise, you can read release patch notes

Flipper should be able to power on the DT card mentioned by the original poster …

Here is mine with older Unleashed and latest Unleashed (new RFID system)

I think i did test with factory firmware when i did get my flipper and it powered the card as well …

If flipper is not powering the card either flipper have a problem or the card have a problem …

I have the same problem too. I have written to [email protected] and they asked me to send RAW RFID data to be analyzed by Flipper developers. Waiting for their answer. Hope they could tell if the problem is with the firmware or hardware. That is strange but I could read RFID tags before updating my Flipper.

1 Like

Update: I realised it flashes green/yellow when near the card so assume it’s not hardware related. Tested again on my dog and got a successful read looking for the colour change in the LED. Suppose my work card just isn’t supported yet. Anyway I can find out what type it is?

Hi all,

Received my Flipper (FZ.1) just after Xmas 2022 and haven’t been able to read 125kHz RFID yet either. Hopefully it’s not hardware fault. My work pass is a thick white card, light won’t shine through it, only has the number “C8051” on it so no other identifiers. Tried reading my pet dog ID chip and nothing.

Are there any other tests I can do to see if it’s a hardware fault?
On latest firmware and NFC works fine.

Cheers