No database found after firmware update

After firmware update to 0.50.0, I get the error “no database found.” Re-flashed and even reformatted SD card. Any ideas?

Yes I had the same problem on my Flipper Zero. just run the firmware update again and it should work and add the database for you.

Thank you. After updating about three times using the web updater and it still wasn’t working, I used the qflipper windows app and it installed the database on the first try.

1 Like

Yeah I used the windows app also. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’d be nice to have a manual button for that.

Web updater is no longer supported. We will change the update process soon and it may come back in a while. Until then, you can only use qFlipper to update firmware.

Where do you find Web Updater and why do use it? The only official way is to use qFlipper from here Flipper Zero Firmware Update via qFlipper

Same Here

Hi! Can you please provide your qFlipper logs? You can do this by extending the LOGS menu and clicking the “OPEN FULL LOG” link

If you get this error after updating with qFlipper on your desktop, you need to reformat your SD Card in Flipper Settings/Storage and update again.

I updated firmware without SD Card and after inserting SD Card the update process stated that it uploaded database but after a reboot Flipper stated that no database is available. I repeated the process multiple times and it still did not have firmware. It worked after I reformated SD Card in Flipper/Settings. Last resort would have been to use erase settings in qFlipper desktop tool, but I did not have to do that.

Is there a way to upload a database after performing a manual firmware update (compiling and flashing via make firmware upload)? Without resorting to a GUI tool?

Nm, I figured it out. Easy. Just rebuild the full updater (make updater_package) and then untar the contents of the resources.tar file onto your SD card:

cd path/to/sd/card
tar -xf path/to/flipperzero-firmware/dist/f7/f7-update-local-XXXXXXXX/resources.tar

I found that I had to first reformat the SD card using Flipper, untar onto the SD card from my host computer as above, and then do a soft reset on the Flipper before inserting the SD card back into it. Otherwise it would either hang or not recognize the SD card.

2 Likes