NFC Manually Saving Card

I just got my Flipper Zero in the mail today, I got it to store my keys and debit card, but the Credit Card saving feature was removed from the new firmware. Can I manually store the NFC “signal” to my flipper so I can use it for apple pay/Tap pay?

To pay with your card, you need the non-extractable private keys inside it. It is physically impossible to read them from the card, which means that using the Flipper as a payment is not possible. The save feature only saved the public data of the card, which is not enough for payment, and this caused a lot of confusion when people thought they could use this data to pay (which, again, you cannot), so we removed it.

2 Likes

Many colleges at my country do use EMV bank cards as student cards and that can be used as a bank card to make payments and access controll to open college doors using the UID of the card … Saving UIDs and public available info from the EMV card can be usefull because of that, emulating the UID is enought to open college doors… Also same apply to vault/safe on hotels that use the credit card to open/close the vault/safe…

2 Likes

“Read NFC-A data” for that.