NFC Detect reader stuck

My NFC Detect reader function seems to be stuck emulating a MIFARE MFkey32. Any ideas why that might be, or how to fix it?

1 Like

It’s not stuck, that’s what it is supposed to do at the moment

2 Likes

Does it emulate any other keys?

Not yet, will be in the future

1 Like

Sorry @Astra, what is it supposed to do at the moment?
I see in the doc that it should * Detect Reader — emulates an NFC card to receive authentication keys from logs sent by a reader. (NFC - Flipper Zero — Documentation) but where are those keys saved? Is there any file? any way to confirm it worked? Could you suggest any use case for this currently? Thank you in advance :pray:

@Esteban_Martinena_Guerrero If you use the Flipper mobile app - it reads the data from the “Detect Reader” step and then tries to find the keys.

However, @Astra , my phone couldn’t find the keys. Is there more sophisticated attack that we can do using the data from Flipper? Or is the only way to sniff communication using PM3?

2 Likes

Thank you! So, the step by step would be:

• Put FZ in Detect Reader
  • Approach FZ to the reader
  • Do I get any feedback on the FZ to know if it’s working?
  • A file is written in the flipper with a log of the “communication” with the reader. where? name?
  • Open the Companion APP on my phone
  • Navigate to HUB tab => NFC Tools => MFKey32 (Detect reader) Any feedback in the app?

Thank you again for your time.

Do I get any feedback on the FZ to know if it’s working?

Yes, you do. Flipper shows a count of nonces it collected; if things work right, it will increment over time.

A file is written in the flipper with a log of the “communication” with the reader. where? name?

nfc/.mfkey32.log on SD card. Use mfkey32v2 to compute keys from that file.

1 Like

The problem I have is that my FZ doesn’t collect nonces when reading, can someone help with my issue?