Need qFlipper / badusb Folder support

One of the things about badusb is that I realized I couldn’t have subfolders via qflipper file manager (ie, Unix, macOS, Windows, etc). I worked around this by prepending all my Ducky scripts with the system prefix but it would be nice if badusb folder and/or qflipper could read scripts in subdirectories so we could organize them without having to use a file prefix.

You can launch BadUSB scripts from subfilders via the archive app (press down on the desktop to access it, choose the browser tab)

This doesn’t work for me; badusb scripts only seem to work if they’re saved at the top level.

1 Like

It may not work because the original Rubber Ducky expects to find the payload in the root of the usb.
The USB Rubber Ducky is expecting an inject.bin file on the root of its microSD card” copied from “https://docs.hak5.org/usb-rubber-ducky-1/guides/
Sorry for my bad english, using automatic google translation.

No, that was just not implemented in the firmware. It is working now.

2 Likes

Thanks Astra. And I take this opportunity for another question, you can have more than one paidload in memory, so if you can store it outside the root, it is enough to have several directories, each one with its paidload, I understand. I haven’t received my Flipper yet, so I can’t check it myself.

Each payload is just a file that you open in the BadUSB app. There’s no need for multiple directories, they can be all stored in one folder.

The link you’ve attached before doesn’t apply to the flipper zero as we use a completely different method of working with files.

1 Like

Astra, we don’t want them in one folder. We need multiple directories. Many people have enough that we need to organize them - tested vs untested, mine vs others, by GitHub repo for updating, etc. There are hundreds of scripts out there. It’s a feature request that shouldn’t be dismissed with “you don’t need to.” Thanks.

This was already implemented months ago.

You can run BadUSB scripts from ANY folder on your SD or your device’s internal memory.

The question there (if I understood it correctly) was if you need a separate directory for each script, and the answer is no. You can store multiple scripts in one directory, or each script in its own directory, or some together and some separately.

2 Likes