Multiple universal remote

Hello
Is it possible to put in universal remote : many remote one for each kind of stuff like LG Samsung philips

So we could select samsung with the same display of universal remote and the program try only samsung code. And we can add our code.

I could program it but i have to understand where can i put files to exploit them in this menu.

Sorry for my poor english. :hot_face:

If I understand correct, you want to use the ‘universal remote’ but only for one brand?

The file is very simple:

Filetype: IR library file
Version: 1
# 
name: POWER
type: parsed
protocol: NECext
address: 80 19 00 00
command: 10 EF 00 00
# 
name: VOL+
command: 1C E3 00 00
# 
name: VOL-
command: 46 B9 00 00
# 
protocol: NEC
address: 80 00 00 00
command: 51 00 00 00

You see two ‘name: POWER’. That is the whole trick. Just collect as much .ir files as possible, open a texteditor and copy it together.
I don’t know if a extra file for every brand is really useful, but at least it would be a smaller set of commands and as result faster.

Here is a good start for collecting .ir files: https://github.com/Lucaslhm/Flipper-IRDB

The files here following the same rules, but there is only one ‘name: POWER’ in each file: Flipper-IRDB/TVs/Samsung at main · Lucaslhm/Flipper-IRDB · GitHub

Filetype: IR signals file
Version: 1
# 
protocol: Samsung32
address: 07 00 00 00
command: 02 00 00 00
# 
name: Up
protocol: Samsung32
address: 07 00 00 00
command: 60 00 00 00

If you’d cut the header, you should just append the files. But you need to be sure the ‘name:’ are the same in every entry. This my need some text manipulation operations.

1 Like

I try it but that doesn’t work.
I would like to have many remote in the folder universal :confused:

You tried to make this file? I am too lazy to create such file, because I don’t need it.
But maybe you can upload it here, so others can take a look?

To understand the issue, I’ve doubled a existing file and changed the name …
It looks like the the menu for the ‘Universal Remote’ is not created dynamic.

Not very complicated …

1. Create the .ir file as described above.
  2. Edit the Universal Remote Menu
  3. Create a Subpage
  4. Compile the firmware and use the new IR Remote.
  5. Doublecheck, if the .ir file has all name: values, as written in the subpage.

There are forks, that did this for other assets than TV. But they are not allowed to discuss here.

1 Like

Sounds good but those pages you linked are 404.

This time it was valid. But the firmware is under heavy development. Just search in the official repo and find something like flipperzero-firmware/applications/main/infrared/scenes at dev · flipperdevices/flipperzero-firmware · GitHub

Thanks! I’m going to poke around right now to find the code.