Motorcycle key

Hello everyone. I am interested in buying this device to open my garage and the garage of relatives I often visit. Also for my motorcycle. I see in many videos, that to clone the car key, you have to hit the buttons on the car key. The problem is that my motorcycle key has no buttons, it is activated by next. I read on Google that this key has a frequency of 433 MHz. Can anyone tell me if I can clone such a key?
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Short answer: Forget about using it as a key for your motorcycle! It can work for SOME garage doors but not all.

Long answer:
Those videos don’t tell you the full story. Usually the vehicle codes you capture with the Flipper can only be used once because the code changes(rolling code). If you continue to use an old code you can be locked out of the car or in your case the motorcycle. The official Flipper firmware stopped supporting that feature. I’ve helped many people try to fix their vehicles after locking themselves out.

Extra long answer:
In the case of a motorcycle it’s likely it uses two different frequencies. One frequency is transmitted by the motorcycle. It can only travel a short distance and the key fob listens for that signal to know when it’s close to the motorcycle. Once the fob hears the motorcycle the fob knows it is close and the fob transmits on a different frequency(probably 433). When the motorcycle hears the rolling code it can be driven. There are other protocols and some may even feature encryption which the Flipper can’t decode.

Thank you very much for your answer and for such precise information. :hugs:

1 Like