Mifare DESFire "Can not parse file"

When scanning my house NFC key, Flipper is able to read it, but when it comes to saving and re-reading the file, it states that it cannot parse the file. Downloading the file on my computer shows that it was able to save the entire file, just [Flipper is] unable to read the file.

Is there some editing that needs to be done to the raw file or is this something that might be supported down the road, knowing there’s a lot of development ahead.

Excited to use it to replace my house key. :smirk:

First of all, bad news: Flipper won’t be able to emulate DESfire cards for the foreseeable future, possibly ever, because of their strong cryptography, so no house key replacement, sadly

On your post’s topic - I’ll tell the dev team about your issues and we’ll get that fixed :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue, however with the original release of flipper I have scanned this same tag and had it work, but with the new 0.61.1 update it now gives me this error message, if I scan the card and emulate from flipper right away it works, it is only when I save and try to open the saved file that it doesn’t work… so I do not see how the previous response is accurate?..

The thing you are emulating is only the UID of the card, not the internal data (the option even says “Emulate UID”).

Also, can you please attach a photo of the error message?

Its still there. This is what i get when i try to open file.

The file i can send on request. Since its not just a card i’m not going to post it on the forum.

Screenshot from 2022-07-19 19-56-27

I confirm that this is a problem I’m also seeing in the latest firmware (0.63.3).

Can you please send the file that causes that message?

I can also provide such example. Please find attached…
DESfire.nfc (1.3 KB)

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same behaviour. Is there an issue/ticket number that you can give us so we don’t have to nag you about it? Thanks and kind regards!

Not at the moment, you can create an issue on github

Actually, somebody else had already created one: https://github.com/flipperdevices/flipperzero-firmware/issues/1549

No, that’s about NFC-A files, not Mifare DESFire

This, then? https://github.com/flipperdevices/flipperzero-firmware/issues/1598

That’s also not it, this is actually a duplicate of the issue you’ve posted above

I’m having the same issue.

1 Like

I have excactly the same issue with tesla sub files . on 0.65.2

The issue there is with the files, not the firmware.

1 Like

any chance that you can share a sample tesla file test ?

This should at least open on flipper…

thanks , this is exactly the one who are giving the error message :frowning: