Meet and remember other Flippers

Hi All! My friend and I finally got our Flippers. The device has been amazing, and the execution of the entire campaign has been the best either one of us has experienced. However, there was a feature we were expecting from the website and long ago discussions, which we were not able to find.

Is it possible that our two Flippers can “meet” by detecting each other (via any protocol), and remember that they met?

On the main website of Flipper Zero, there is a paragraph saying:

Oh, and one more thing — Flipper uses 433 MHz to communicate with other Flippers out there, so you can make some cyber-dolphin friends :slight_smile:

What does this refer to? Is there a plugin I am missing? I understand you can make Flipper 1 emit a signal/ID and then have Flipper 2 read it, but I would rather expect that each Flipper can be made to emit its unique ID (like showing it’s dolphin passport) and the other Flipper would read it and then have a “list of friends” it has met somewhere noting down their unique signature and date of last contact. Is/Would something like this be possible? (Is there any other cool use case of meeting a friend with another Flipper?)

Thanks for an amazing project and keep up the great work!

5 Likes

Related topic/request :

This feature is still in progress and hasn’t been released yet

9 Likes

Is there any task at github for this feature?
I want to watch progress c:

1 Like

Funny how thinking about an issue and finding two flippers in a location. My query was about the cars rolling code and if 2 Flipper Zeros could emulate a rolling code. Maybe with a Pi Nano inteface and AI packet.