Manually Adding LiftMaster Security+ 2.0

Has anyone had success in manually adding and pairing a Security+ 2.0 protocol from their flipper to LiftMaster receiver? I’m trying to pair to a LiftMaster 850LM receiver set up in single channel mode, have followed their instructions on setting the receiver into pairing mode and sending a signal from my flipper but have had no success in the receiver picking up on my signal. I don’t have an actual LiftMaster transmitter so I don’t have the ability to capture a working raw signal. I’ve tried the following protocols:

• Security+2.0_310
  • Security+2.0_315
  • Security+2.0_390

I’ve also tried the LiftMaster_315 and LiftMaster_390 protocols (which appear to be Security+1.0?) but when looking up the 850LM receiver it specifically states Security+ 2.0. I’m in the US so my receiver should be operating on either 310/315/390. Any help is much appreciated!

2 Likes

I was able to get my LiftMaster Security+2.0 Garage Door opener paired tonight! (sorry for the long read below, I’m pretty excited it worked!)

Using the frequency analyzer on my garage door opener remote (three button remote model 893LM) with one of the unpaired buttons, I found that my remote is transmitting on 310, 315, and 390 MHz. Most of the captured signals were on 390, but there were several on the other frequencies as well.

390 is not a frequency that is supported where I live (United States) so I had to focus on the 310 and 315.

My process was not to “Clone” my existing remote, but to use the learning mode and have the flipper added as a new remote.

Tonight was not my first time trying to accomplish this, but I always got a little further than you. I was able to get the opener to recognize the flipper when set to Learning mode as the opener light would flash which indicates the pairing was successful. After subsequent pressing of the signal on my flipper, the learning LED would flash, but the garage would not open. I would delete that entry and try going through each option that you tried getting the same result each time. The LiftMaster_315 never registered on my opener since it is Security+1.0.

I started on the same process tonight and was getting the same results and was starting to think this wasn’t going to work, or that I would need to test a certain third party firmware that would let me use the 390 frequency. Of note, I was standing on a ladder right next to the opener so I could easily press the Learn button with each attempt at getting it to pair.

Before I gave up, I set the opener to Learning mode one more time. What was different this time is that I stepped further away from my opener before trying to pair my flipper for the umpteenth time. I had my Security+2.0_315 manual entry created and saved, ready to be paired. I pressed the button which triggered the light to flash indicating a successful pair. Nothing new here. I pressed the button again, expecting another failure. This time, the garage started to open. I was excited and confused at the same time thinking I may have accidentally pressed the actual opener remote that I had in my other hand. I let it open all the way before sending the signal again from my flipper. The garage started to close! Eureka! I opened the closed the door a few more times for good measure and it worked just as well as the remote that came with the opener.

What was the big difference this time? The distance I was standing from the opener when pairing the flipper. I was ~10-15 feet away from the opener during the pairing process. I did not clone my remote. My existing remote still works perfectly fine.

I hope this helps you!

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed their Liftmaster manually added flipper remote stopped working recently? Did liftmaster update their protocol? My flipper has been working for weeks with no issues opening my Liftmaster garage doors but all of a sudden today it completely stopped working. I’ve even tried repairing it with the garage opener and it registers but will not open the door anymore.

1 Like

The issues and fix is also the same for adding new remotes to that lift master system. It’s the proximity to the board that makes all the difference… I have 2 commercial door openers and have always fought pairing remotes and keypads to them.