Magnets etc

Placing a neodymium magnet inside the housing so the device can be attached to metal surfaces would be cool!

P.s. I think a separate category is needed for discussions related to mechanical design

1 Like

What if it will stick to the metal phone and keys inside a pocket?

Good point. Anyway, just an idea. Having some sort of fixation options may be interesting. But now I think that as battery capacity is quite limited, you won’t leave it hiden for a long time (e.g. for logging etc), so maybe it’s not a valid use case.

I think it can be a small compartment in the casing where neodymium magnet “tablet” can be inserted when needed or removed when not, similar to housing of 2032 battery in some compact devices such as kitchen timers.

3 Likes

Another use-case of magnet:

Almost all phones are non magnetic (only small magnet in speakers). And it would be strange to wear them in same pocket. Most keys are also non-magnetic, only rings on them are sticks to magnet.

That is a stong magnet! Like the video said holding it in the wrong place can have unintended side effects.
So I don’t think it is a good idea to put it inside of a device that is ment to be hold against all kinds of sensors

Double sided sticky tape has worked for me.

1 Like