Just opened flipper today and tried to update firmware - Frozen

Im using a Mac, latest MacOS, and tried to update the firmware using qFlipper. Its stuck on 'Updating Co-Processor firmware, please wait…" for 10 minutes now. The Flipper Zero appears to be powered down. Is this normal or should I start troubleshooting using my windows laptop?

1 Like

I unplugged mine despite it telling me not to. Then I plugged it back in and launched the app again (make sure you have an SD card in there for the database to download to). The app asks if I want to repair, I said repair and it quickly went through the whole process and succeeded.

Have you tried rebooting to DFU and repairing from there?

It’s not normal. I am on Mac OS Monterrey 12.3.1 and I flashed both my flippers with no issues, the whole process took around 2 mins on both. I even didn’t have an SD card for the first one and told me I needed one and I slotted it in and it continued the process on qFlipper hours later. So something must have gone wrong.

I ran into this issue it was stuck at the updating co-processer. i did not disconnect it for the usb but i did hold down the back and the left button. it made some usb connecting sounds the i let go the back button. after that it continued the rest of the install and update. hope this works for other with this glitch.

5 Likes

That worked perfectly for me, thanks!

This worked for me as well!