Insensitive receiver

Hi I’m new to the Flipper but for my sins I am a retired RF engineer, what I’m finding with the flipper is that the receiver is incredibly insensitive, I’ve tried various experiments and all point to an insensitivity issue, I’ve tried different car key fobs which on the Frequency Anaylser have to be on top of the flipper which I understand is normal due to filtering / attenuation.
When I move over to testing with the raw capture/replay facility again for anything to show on the display you have to be pretty much on top of the flipper any more than 3-4 foot shows pretty much the signal down into the noise floor on the display.
If I move over to the Signal decode I’m pretty much at what I’m seeing on the raw capture I’ve got a 433.92 remote that I’m only getting a decode when I’m within about 4-5 feet of the flipper. Tried narrowing the bandwidth which makes matters worse my only other thought is that its an off frequency problem.

Regards Ian

1 Like

Just done a further test I discovered the RSSI test function and this pretty much follows what I was seeing with the noise floor on the graphical display so with the remote close by I get about -60 to-70 but as soon as the remote is about 3 feet away its down at -103

Regards Ian

1 Like