Information from 433 MHz sensors

Many sensors, including weather (temperature, humidity and pressure) use the 433 frequency to transmit information.
For example, my neighbor has such a meteorological station (from aliexpress) and I get information from it through RTL-SDR, for this I use “rtl_433”.
More details here: https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433

Is it possible to implement this here in order to turn it on and he displayed information from the sensors that he caught.
It would be very convenient.

6 Likes

The main difference between the RTLSDR and the radio in the flipper will be that the RTLSDR receives the “raw” RF which is analog and then is “translated” to digital. These radios are already digital and give you the 1’s and 0’s, which is excellent for something like this, with the caveat that you need to know the details about what to receive (modulation, freq, etc). But this seems like a great idea if we can get a list of the sensors and what they are doing so we can make it listen!

2 Likes

Any progress on this? I guess we should also start versioning settings_user per ITU region at least to include for example all LPD433 channels.

Agree, this would be cool to have on flipper - decoding sensor data.

Didn’t even think of this, until the last update 0.70.1 arrived that actually includes a Weather Station App. And it works, here the Data from my Ytora tpw588c Sensor.

1 Like

Yes, it was implemented as an external app sometime ago and it does decode some sensors.

1 Like

So, the rtl_433 decodes many more signals like door sensors and car tire pressure. Any way we can have this on the F0?