Zero One Blog Forum Development

Ideas for games

I had a few game ideas for the tamagotchi mode

• Maze : where you navigate trough a maze (obvius)
  • Shooter: where you fly trough a space shooting obsicals (depending on performance)
  • Rock Paper Sicsors: a simple game where you pick a card in an attempt to win

What are you guyses ideas on games? (any based on the megaman battle network series?)

1 Like

Tetris, Arkanoid, Pong, Spacewar…

2 Likes

Might be Hard to do, with copy rights or something.

it could be fun to mak some multiplayer things. RPS you could preselect your hand and then tap with nfc to tap an other flipper to go.

1 Like

I want to make a monster-raising game.

Everyone starts out with an egg.

That egg turns into one of three kinds of monsters.

You have to raise it to make it stronger.

Then each of those three monsters can turn into 2 or 3 final monster forms.

Then you can fight them with other Flipper Zero’s using the IR blaster.

9 Likes

LINEWARS! Who remembers it? Multiplayer with other flippers would be awesome. :wink:

2 Likes

I agree with this one. Not only can you do the battle thing, to feed and level up your critter, you must sniff keys, or hack things.

2 Likes

A version of “Snake”

2 Likes

WHO IS THAT POKE… wait, copyright

2 Likes

This is open source, as long as your not selling the script for profit you should be fine.

flappy_flipper
It is very necessary. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

flappy_flipper
Flippy Fin?

4 Likes

To explore the world Hacking Tamagotchi style with Flipper :

It’s possible to upload the (SSID/BLE’s) found in the Real World, to computer and Geo-trace (like Wigle.net) where Flipper has been.

Thus how much Flipper has seen of the world.
Combine this with levels/powerups in the games, and there is incentive to truly explore the world with the Flipper.

:world_map:

Edit: (Or just the nr. of found SSID’s compared to the nr. in Wigle’s DB, for increased privacy)

5 Likes

Good edit, if you upload all the bluetooth you found in the real world, with enough data someone could trace your every step

1 Like

What about ye’ olde Casio Calculator boxing game
Only requires 3 buttons

• Punch
  • Guard Up/ Down
  • Sway

Infact, you could make use of the 5 button directional pad

:arrow_left: Sway back
:arrow_right: Punch
:arrow_up: Guard Up
:arrow_down: Guard Down ( and body blow when punch pressed )
:large_blue_circle: ( Centre ) Power Punch :boxing_glove: does more damage but leaves boxer exposed for N seconds?

Anyway, Just a thought

8 Likes

Since Flipper is open source why not allow developers to make their own games for Flipper as well

2 Likes

A Simon says type memory game or
a game that requires timing(clicking on the right timing) or blackjack or block sliding puzzles or any “game & watch” games can be great additions!

1 Like

I’m not sure since it’s not my area of expertise.

Someone from game industry once told me that gameplay was not copyrightable, you can do for assets, names and music, but not for gameplay itself, so you can always make a similar game with other name and assets.

Anyone know more about this or can investigate this?

2 Likes
  • Guitar hero style of game with up left right down, like some fight games combos or the device password lock, but on a guitar hero style.
  • Pac-Man
2 Likes

Basically Digimon digivice or vpet style!

4 Likes

I like the idea of a rhythm game, it would be awesome to see mini games like that tied into the care of the flipper tamagotchi. For example playing the guitar hero game could earn you food or treats for your cyber dolphin. Maybe if you win the boxing game it gives you an accessory for the avatar.

2 Likes