Idea: Flipper Car

Hi there,

as far as I’ve seen here, there is no such topic open. So I want to share an idea with you:

I lived in different places from very north of germany to very south. Because of this I spend a lot of time on the Autobahn (german highway). One night, at a trip from Frankfurt to Hamburg I’ve been thinking about a little box, that captures all bluetooth MACs around me.
At this time I also played with OpenCV and thought a licenseplate database would be great. OpenCV could also identify the cars.
And than the GSM antennas could be tracked. Maybe the signal quality related to the speed (Spoiler: above 120km/h the transferrates will go down, at 200km/h+ the signal strength will decrease).

There are a lot of data, that could be captured. And maybe used.

Today I’m working and living above Hamburg, but with my motorhome I am still in the road. Often I am ask my self why I never started this project.
I think next to the flipper zero and the flipper one, a car/bike related flipper two could get awsome :slight_smile:

What do you think about this idea?

Edit: It this the right forum? No category is matching.
Is there another/better place?

3 Likes

Hey, so I ride 2 bmw s1000rr bmw motorcycles, I would love to do what I can to help you, and I think you will be very pleased with my skill set… p.s. my name is D langbehn

Sound’s great.
My flipper arrived last week, unfortunately in the wrong city. But I am in contact to exchange.

I hope I can start with tests, soon. But for the most tasks I’m afraid it won’t be fast enough to make usable captures in fast movement. A RasPi would be the better choice.