Idea - Ask PIN on boot and autolock w/ PIN

Hello,
I know I’m a bad person because I turn off my Flipper when I don’t use it, but that’s not the topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be nice to have an option to ask PIN on startup. It would add a security layer in case your flipper is lost or stolen (and combined with SD card encryption, as suggested here, it would be perfect)

Also currently the autolock feature locks with the simple lock (“back, back, back” to unlock), for the same reason above, an option to use PIN for autolock would make it more secure

Also, for the devs out there, do you prefer to have suggestions here or do you prefer a github issue?

4 Likes

+1 on this.

Would also be nice to have an options to require pin when starting the u2f-application.

1 Like

The Idea behind 2FA is:

1. To know something (Password, Passphrase, Pin, …)
  2. To have something (Cert, Smartcard, Yubikey, IWF on Flipper, …)

Why should you need a PIN for u2f, if your service already asking for a 2nd factor? In worst case the PIN is written on the device and the same as the other factor.
In my daily use of Yubikey the ‘button press’ to confirm physical presence is enough security.

Hello, I want to tell you about my case. If you can help me, I have a flipper zero and I put a password on it that I forgot. I don’t have access to it. How can you help me?

1 Like

There’s no way to recover the password without wiping the flipper. Please follow this guide: Firmware recovery - Flipper Zero — Documentation