How to analyzed RAW RFID data?

Hello there,

I got my device and it’s super usefull so far… i live in an apartment that only gave me 1 NFC key and so now i have a backup. Same for our laundry system, i was able to back that up so i won’t have issues losing stuff.

I’m now looking at some RFID stuff, but one of my fobs isn’t being picked up.
The brand is ISGUS, they sell readers and say there is a bunch of different types of RFID they support.
https://www.isgus.de/terminals/terminals-fuer-zutrittskontrolle/it-4100-it-4110/

Initially i thought it was EM4102, and was a bit annoyed it wasn’t being read. But i guess it’s some other protocol. I haven’t managed to get anything other than the RAW data from it, but i have no idea what format this is in or how to go about looking at it in it’s current form.
Is there a more detailed guide? I couldn’t find it, sorry if it’s a double post or something

Cheers

2 Likes

IF the card doesn’t have anything personal and/or is not used to access your house and if it’s something you don’t mind others to see/have then you post the raw captures here so that flipper develloper team can analyze the data and implement support for that format on flipper when firmware is updated …

2 Likes

Hi there,

Is there any way I can begin to debug/decrypt thsese raw RFID files? Just a point in the right direction would be grand.

I would submit it for analyse but it is quite an important key. Unless there is a way to share private directly with a Dev.

Thanks you.

You can create a new issue in our firmware repository with your file.

Analysing RAW files by yourself is quite tricky if you haven’t done something like this before, but the first step I’d do in this situation is write a visualiser script (in python, for example) to see how the signal actually looks like.

Edit: Maybe I’ve should have started with this: I have only used it for different SubGHz and Infrared dumps. Not at RFID. But I do think the file is build very similar.

EDIT 2
A lot of writing for nothing. Now I have also a RAW RFID Dump … Much more work, than expected.

Sounds awesome. But I do think this set is skill is not very common. Have an eye for ‘RAW Data’, is able to programming and knows how to bring this together in a visualization … at least.
I, as example, am pretty good trained in data analysis. From Fortran over R to SQL (also MS SQL BI things). I know a little python, but not as much as I can paint something.

I’ve found this project and modified it for different purposes:

Even if this is not a perfect ‘give something raw in and get something useful out’ it may help others to start, as well.

Usage:
python3 -BO plotall.py some_file.sub --outfile some_bars.html

Now we should have a delimiter (where are breakes in the sequence?), and two altering values. Lets say the lower is 0 and the higher is 1.
In my last project the ‘delimiter’ was roundabout 20000 (a value, that starts every keypress). The higher value was roundabout 1300 and the lower something roundabout 450.
The next command is:
python3 -BO plot_delimiter.py some_file.sub --delimiter 25000 --one 1300 --zero 450 --outfile a_nice_signal.htm
grafik

(Nice feature: With clicking on the datapoints at the right side, you are able to set/unset it. For example to compare two data direct in a set of 12, without regenerate every time.)

At the second command the console output is interesting, as well. Good to load into an excel sheet or database for further compares.
This is just the start for me. I hope there will be a better/more explaining how to following, some day :slight_smile:

I really want to change the names with the names form the file… This costs me at least 3 days without success, right now. If anybody is better in python-plotly than me :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you.

I have sent a PM.

1 Like

At the moment, there is only a cli command, rfid raw_analyze your_filename, but we are working on more convenient tools for analyzing raw data.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this info !!!

I will be sure to try this!

It would be nice to have RAW decoder to file so that one could use it on stored RAW captures to re-create cards.
Meaning that if you do a read raw on a card that it’s not supported and you save that capture later even if you don’t have the card you can re-create it when the card is supported on flipper by parsing the READ RAW saved file … Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Astra,
I also have a raw file of a tag that is not recognized by my FZ.
It is a Noralsy tag.
Can I send you the raw file so you can help me?

1 Like

Me too I got a Noralsy aswell, doesn’t work :no_mouth:

Can I send you some RAW files of a Noralsy intercom fob? Or you guys working on those already?

Hey dolphin lovers…

I hope someone can put some light for me…

I am trying to collect one tag that, I believe, it has embedded the RFID EM4550.

The only way that i got luck to read it is using “Read RAW RFID Data” and as some colleagues already mentioned is quite difficult to work with that.

I found one project that transform the RAW data in something that you can try to compare (in case you also wanna try this is the link for Jagotus.

But i stopped at this point, to be honest I still some mind cycles behind to be able to understand the graphs and comparation.

Anyway, looking a little bit further I found a good documentation about the EM 4550 EM4550. But if I understood correctly, this RFID need to receive a specific command (like a passphrase) before send the signal that can be used to authorize. But to be honest, it doesn’t make sense for me.

If anybody can give any light on that, I would really appreciate the help. I am aware that i should try harder, but I think that I achieve some kind of dead end.

Just in case you are wondering which device I am talking about, this is the one made by KESO (I think it is a Swiss company) Model 10.91J

Awesome! I have been wondering how to analyze raw signals since i received my flipper.

1 Like

What about sending the RAW files to @Astra and/or someone else on the flipper dev team and ask for support to be added on flipper for that sort of card/tag ???

There is a difference in ‘collecting all the tags, gonna send em all and deal with it’ or the approach to understand the transmission and analyze it on the path of Ada Lovelace and Audrey Hephburne …

It is good for everyone, if as much as possible protocols are analysed and supported. But every now and than I am not allowed to share the fob data.
Or I just want to see what happens on the band. As well as I used Wireshark, to understand the data packages in the ethernet cable.

1 Like

Hello

Now i am really lost.

the option to read_raw disappeared
Flipper_raw
from my menu .

But i didn’t install new version or update firmware at all.

After I notice that the options wasn’t there anymore i tried to install the developer firmware, but it didn’t bring back the raw option.

Does anyone know how to recover it?Or how can i have it back?

Update------------

I just installed the new version (even the unleashed one) but no one of them brought it back…
I am wondering if this is something related to my region_data, in my case CH.
I was really enjoying work with this RAW collector.

@Astra any thoughts that you can share to help?

You need to ENABLE DEBUG on the settings menu …

1 Like

Hey. that works…

i am not really proud of myself :melting_face:, but at least it is back.

thanks for the reply Spildit…

1 Like